Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 05:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick Question

Started by Mom0f3, Apr 27, 2011, 12:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom0f3

Court Order states: Vacation visitation: Resp. can pick 4 wks of visitation each summer to spend with the child.  2 wks for each month, but no more than two consecutive wks at a time.  Resp. must give pick their wks by a prior date and have priority over the Pet. and each is to give written notice to the other of the vacation visitation selected.  Holiday takes priority over wkend and vacation visitation and vacation visitation takes priority over the wkend visitation.

Now here is my question...If you were reading this order once you had been given the Resp. 4 wks would you take over the Resp. normal wkend visitation as your vacation visitation or would they still get their normal wkend visitation along with whatever vacation time they pick and you not pick any vacation time during the summer?

Kitty C.

Not quite understanding the question...but let me give you an example:

If Resp. chooses vacation times of June 11-24 and/or July 9-22...and any one of those weekend dates is the Pet.'s regular weekend visitation, then Resp. gets priority on those dates.

Equally, if Pet. chooses dates of June 25-July 10 and or July 25-Aug. 6 and and one of those weekend dates is Resp.'s regular weekend visitaiton, then Pet. gets priority on those dates.

BUT............if one parent has vacation time scheduled through July 4th and the other parent has that holiday for that year by CO, then the holiday takes precedence.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tigger

This is exactly why my ex and I had it put into our orders that vacation was not to interfere with regular weekend or holiday.  I figured this out only because I had been given a heads up by my ex's wife's ex's wife.  (Not a typo.)  The current wife of my ex's wife's ex called me and told me that T had basically taken every weekend during the summer and had tried to take 4th of July holiday as well.  M worked alternating weekends so he was pretty much stuck on which weekend he could take vacation.  I nipped it in the bud right in the beginning and T was furious.  She glared at me for weeks.  My ex thought it made perfect sense as he saw it as his protection since he worked some weekends as well.  However we didn't have a problem switching weekends if it worked out better.  T, OTOH, worked HARD to make M's life miserable.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!