Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

clothes shopping

Started by beadvendor, Aug 06, 2011, 07:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadvendor

My dh is paying for his daughters back to school wardrobe. Bmom is insisting that she be given the money and can take sd shopping, my dh told her no because if he is paying for the clothes he should be able to take her shopping what do you all think?

Waylon

Quote from: beadvendor on Aug 06, 2011, 07:17:34 AM
My dh is paying for his daughters back to school wardrobe. Bmom is insisting that she be given the money and can take sd shopping, my dh told her no because if he is paying for the clothes he should be able to take her shopping what do you all think?
I think he should take his daughter shopping, and ignore bmom's sick and stupid control games.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

beadvendor

All she does is try to control.

tigger

Her logic is about as reasonable as me saying that you should send me the money and let me take SD shopping.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Giggles

Quote from: beadvendor on Aug 06, 2011, 07:17:34 AM

If your DH is paying CS....then why is he buying the school clothes?  That is what the CS is for....

As a CP as well I understand these battles....ignor BM....make SD happy and have some bonding time with DH.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Giggles

HOLD on a sec....

If BM Homeschools SD...then why the need for "Back to school" wardrobe?

I'm confused.....
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

ocean

Go shopping with her, take off all tags before she goes home. Have her bring the new clothes home in different bag so she can not try and return them.

Kitty C.

You're right, Giggles.....why does she need school clothes if she's being home-schooled?

If Dad is only doing it to appease BM, he needs to stop NOW.........if BM is begging for school clothes, is she really home-schooling the child?  Regardless, it's just like giggles said, that is what CS is for and, unless there is a separate inclusion in the CS agreement about Dad required to pay for school clothes (which I seriously doubt), he is not legally bound to buy them.  Dad should NOT pay for anything extra beyond what is required via the CS order.  Unless he wants to out of the goodness of his heart...because it would be considered a gift only.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Reminisicing ............

I'm bettin if anyone asked the daughter ... she would MUCH prefer daddy take her shopping.

My daughter would have knowing the trip would be fun-loving and she naturally would have to be more grounded and rational in her choices.  And she would probably get whatever she wanted ........

Kitty C.

I agree, Davy....it sounds like Dad's possibly done that before.  But for the BM to demand that he give HER the money because it's for school makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if BM is homeschooling.  Dad can buy the child all the clothes and anything else he wants to...just don't understand BM's reasoning when it isn't valid.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......