Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Adjusting exisitng child custody arrangement/decree

Started by ryanmfritz, Aug 27, 2006, 12:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanmfritz

Hello,
Im a divorced father of 5 years and Ive grown to realize I did not fight hard enough for joint custody of my daughter. Ive grown frustrated and I want to change the agreement. I realize it may be very difficult to prove "significant change in circumstances" to take my case back to court. Im looking for inspiration and advice on taking my custody agreement back to court so I can spend more time with my daughter, which is what ive wanted from the start. I appreciate any advice out there...

4honor

In my state (WA) there is a modification which can be done as long as it is not more than 24 MORE days per year. It is a minor modification and can be done based on a change in circumstances of the child OR either party.

This type of modification can be done every few years (can't remember if it is 2 or 3 years). It is the best way to increase time if there are no other "substantial change in circumstances" in the life of the child.

It also gives a chance to clarify other areas of the parenting plan which are not working because the wording is not in agreement with the intent.

There may be a minor modification statute in your state laws as well.

I am not a lawyer, check with one in your state.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.