Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sharing uninsured medical expenses

Started by superdad01, Jan 20, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

I got it ordered that ex and i share uninsured medical expenses at 50/50.  Question being if and when i recieve a bill how do i know her indurance was used at all?

ocean

Either request info from dr office or ask ex for copy of benefits page from insurance. Some courts order says ex must supply paid medical bill with insurance EOB in order to be reimbursed.

MixedBag

That's what I was gonna say -- but ocean beat me to it.

Contact the doctor's office and ask.

superdad01

Ok thanks.  ;D.  One more question. Since we are ordered to cover uninsured expenses at 50/50. Lets assume our uninspired total is $1000. If i pay my half how do i work it so i am not harrased about the moms 1/2?

MixedBag

Attach a copy of the order, certified, and high light that sentence -- and then cross your fingers.

Wash, rinse, repeat everytime they contact you.

ocean

Just went through this and it depends on the manager in the office. Is there wording on how to pay in the court order? Is ex supposed to pay bill and you pay her your half? Pay dr directly?

If no language in court order:
First pay half directly to dr, with copy of court order and ask for receipt. Send ex bill and your half receipt:
Ex,
According to court orders dated XX, we split out of pocket medical 50/50 (page x, line x). I paid my half directly to dr on xx date. I am enclosing my receipt and current bill for your half.
Thank you.

(If she does not pay and dr office is threatening you in collections, send above again with added line "if you do to pay by xx date, I will be forced to bring this to court for payment as I met the court ordered obligation").

Did you make sure this is half after all insurances were paid out? Call and speak to manager if bill is coming to your house and request that bill be sent to mother. If she is primary parent and signed the guarantee paper at dr then she should be getting bill. If phone call does not work, follow up with letter to dr (registered mail) requesting their policy and a copy of the guarantee paper with your signature.

There is a form I used for doctor that I found online. If it comes down to that, post again and Ill copy and paste it here. Good luck, very aggravating getting the bill once a month but like MB said, just repeat with stronger language each time requesting how you are responsible for bill. The dr office wants to be paid no matter what so their system sends it out to whoever. My next stop was writing directly to the dr himself but after 11 months, ex finally paid her portion. Hope it goes smoothly for you...