Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 19, 2024, 10:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there a time limi

Started by wvpoorfellow, Feb 12, 2013, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


Is there  a time limit to settle a divorce if I'M under A Dr. care for having a stroke and need time to fully recover


I see that you also posted last April -- guess things didn't work out well.

Time limit?

not sure exactly what you mean by that....sorta.

I know that if one side objects -- the side that wants the divorce is gonna get it sooner or later.

Exact time frame....don't know that THAT is set in any kind of stone.

Good luck in your recovery!


You can postpone a little if you can not make the court dates. You can maybe mediate or agree and then have it all just signed off with a judge. If you agree, most times it just goes to a judge's desk to be sign without your being there.
Has there been court dates? If one is coming up, you can get a doctor's note to postpone for a month or two. You just need to be able to understand what is happening, be able to communicate back and forth, and a judge will keep it going.


Both Dr's gave written doc that was submitted to the court stating I was to avoid the courtroom and not make any legal decisions at that time, by my Legal Aid Lawyer only by the demanding request of my mother and step father. Who also suggested that I request a audio copy of all hearings since my stroke to help me with my memory, since the stroke thank god only effected that. I FEAR my medical condition will be used by the ex to do permanent supervised visitations. My Legal Aid Lawyer agreed to supervised visitation 2 days a week and every other Sunday, to be supervised by my mother and step dad,  the ex pushed for no visitation or for her to pick who was to supervise. IF I don't recover fast the court wants to order an overseer, which is who? Can I request my own overseer and still have a Legal Aid Lawyer? I would like for my mother to be my overseer for she knows what I want in this situation, which is to have equal time with my children unsupervised. At this time I do live with my parents temporally due to my stroke. The ex refused to mediate or agree or communicate on anything before my stroke and still refuses, advised not to by her lawyer I guess don't know.  If the court system in WV is suppose to be doing whats best for the children how is basically removing or placing supervised visitation on a father who has done nothing but wants to have equal time, doing anything for the children but giving them the ok for mom to be the only parent. Any info would be helpful