Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Documenting Text messages

Started by MixedBag, Feb 15, 2013, 04:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

This wasn't available when I needed it -- that's for sure, but MD said something to me a few nights ago -- and then BF showed me how it's done on his phone. 

BF has a Pantech Maurader (I think that's the name), and he can take a screen shot of whatever is on his phone, and that turns it into a picture.  He has to hit the off button and I think the down volume at the same time.

then the picture can be e-mailed to yourself and printed.

And then (of course) the hope is that this is acceptable in court as "proof" of what the other parent has said via text message.

MD -- with the help of her friend who is also a step-mother two two babies and two different moms -- was telling me about that not too long ago.  In their situation, the BM has said some wrong stuff via text, to Dad, and MD takes a screen shot, sends the picture via e-mail to herself and prints it out.

I think she has an IPhone 4s.   MD just hits one button -- forgot which one, and poof, it takes a picture of her screen.

I have an old Droid 2 (I think) and I can't figure out how to make that work on my phone -- so for those of you who have PROBLEMS it might be worth keeping this in mind if and when you upgrade your smart phone.

limitedgrace

There's an app called "SMS Backup" - available for Android, will auto save the text conversations in your email folders without having to do screenshots.  It was a free app at the Google Play Store. 

Otherwise, Google the make and model of your phone with the word "Screenshot" and you will get resources of the shortcut keys or apps you can get for that.

ocean

We used the actual phone and the actual tape recorder. We had to testify that the recorder was always in our possession and not changed in any way. The phone and recorder were taken by the court officers until that question came up in the trial, they brought it in, and played it as evidence, and showed phone as evidence. Screen saving we did also but only used them to show the GAL, lawyer and counselor which also helped but not used as evidence. Helped with timeframes and questions to ask for trial.

this2shallpass

Thanks for this info. I just made a screen shot of the texts my son and I sent to his dad begging him to deliver to school the science project left in his car..