Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 06, 2024, 12:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation Syndrome - Is this admissable in court?

Started by Samson2005, Apr 10, 2007, 05:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samson2005

Illinois
•   In re Violetta 210 III.App.3d 521, 568 N.E2d 1345, 154 III.Dec. 896(Ill.App. I Dist Mar 07, 1991).
•   In re Marriage of Divelbiss v. Divelbiss, No. 2-98-0999 2nd District, Ill.(Appeal from Circ Crt of Du Page Cty No. 93-D-559) Oct 22, 1999.
•   Tetzlaff v. Tetzlaff, Civil Court of Cook County, Il., Domestic Relations Division, Cause No. 97D 2127, Mar 20, 2000.
•   Bates v. Bates 18th Judicial Circuit, Dupage County, IL Case No. 99D958, Jan 17, 2002.
o   Court ruling that the Parental Alienation Syndrome has gained general acceptance in the scientific community and thereby satisfies Frye Test criteria for admissibility.

Does anyone know if these decisions have been over-ruled recently?

I know that this is occurring, but having "proof" is difficult. I have no authority to have the child evaluated. I have asked the court to have the child evaluated for damages in two of my petitions.  Does anyone think the court might order the evaluation. I also asked for evaluations of the parents.

MixedBag

That really hard for "us common people" to answer.

I think you're gonna have to find an IL attorney or a board that an IL attorney answers on.  

You say you asked the court to have the child evaluated in two petitions.....what happened with that?

Samson2005

Does bleaching hair cause drug tests to be inaccurate? Every time CP threatened to take me to court, she always bleached her and our daughter's hair.

This time our Daughter said her hair was bleached and colored 7 times in one day. It has caused her hair to be burned and breaking off in fairly large amounts. Her mothers looks to be in similar condition.

Samson2005

the hearing on the petitions was postponed until june.