Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 12:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My daughter is back!

Started by wallyworld, Aug 21, 2007, 04:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Uh, she came back with 10x's as much as she took there.  It's weird.  Im talking about new clothes- hollister and abercrombie- and old clothes.  EVERYTHING.  I dont get why her mom wanted me to mail EVERYTHING she bought her (even winter clothes) like 2.5 weeks ago.  Guess she was trying to scare us.  Sad thing is that Taylor didn't want to call her.  Im wondering if her mom got mad at her and just said something like take everything cuz you'll never live here again.  I could see her saying something like that.  I haven't talked about her mom at all except asking her if she'd like to call and tell her she made it.  I then made a comment about her mom totally decking her out for a new school year.  Although, the only thing I said, which I am admitting that I shouldn't have, was i wonder why she wanted us to send all your clothes back 2.5 weeks ago, even winter.  I SHOULDN"T have said that and now I feel bad.  Ive got to watch my tounge.   Oh i t's going to take a lot of work as her mom has said very hurtful things.  I need support!  Any o f you have step children whose parents are horrible to deal with?

But she bluffed the entire time about not sending her back.  I guess it is final now and I can rest my mind.

MixedBag

mistoffolees

I think you'll find that 75% (or more!) of the people posting here have ex's who are hard to deal with. That's part of the reason for this group.

I would encourage you to seek counseling if the issue is bothering you. My guess is that they'll tell you not to worry about little slips of the tongue, but focus on creating a healthy, loving environment on an ongoing basis. Everyone slips once in a while, but if you have a healthy environment, it won't matter as much - particularly if you apologize for your slip.

Good luck.