Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:11:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TODAY is the day!!

Started by 1angrystepmom, Nov 22, 2003, 04:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

We pick SD up this evening, it is the FIRST time meeting her for the kids and I.  DH is excited.  How do I feel you ask??  Well... I am NERVOUS!
Excited, scared, hmm, did I say NERVOUS!!

I am SO HAPPY for DH, This has been a LONG fight for him, 13 years, seems like an eternity!  I am also excited for MIL, who has not seen her GD in 13 years as well.  She is currently in a battle with Cancer, and this is very likely her last Thanksgiving.

SD has never had a "Big FAMILY Thanksgiving" as BM's family is in the Philippines, and Her SF only has HIS parents, and his sister.  

We will have my 2 sisters here, 2 of my brothers and their families, my mother her significant other, my MIL and her "male companion" we will have a houseful of nearly 35 people!!  Oh, I forgot to mention, MY EX is joining us for Thanksgiving as well, SO, she will be able to see what things are like when PARENTS CAN cooperate and get along, putting the children FIRST!!

I have a feeling it will be a culture shock for her!!  I will keep you all updated as to the events of this evening.  

Amber

MKx2

Oh Amber ... I'm sooooo excited for you.  Doggonit! I'd be nervous as a cat ....

This might all be a bit overwhelming for the poor dear ... but I know you and DH will be sensitive to that.

What a WONDERFUL Gobble Day/Week gift!

Prayers for a joyful and loving week with her.  Just couldn't be happier for all of you.

Indigo Mom

I bet you two ARE nervous as all get out!!!!  I'm so happy daddy gets to see his daughter...what a road he's been on.

Sit back and enjoy this child!!!!!!!!!

:+     :+     :+     :+     :+

lucky

Yeah!  I am so happy for you and your whole family.  Enjoy her being there and have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration Amber!
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Indigo Mom

Love your quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky

Thank you, I found that at one of those websites that offer the quote of the day, personalized horoscopes, etc., etc.  It's been so long that I don't even remember what site it was, but I still love it.  It's SO true.
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Peanutsdad

Amber!!! woooHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, thats one kid gonna be in culture shock at gobbleday. Just make sure ya'll reinforce the sentiment that ya'll are overjoyed to have here there so she doesnt get lost in the crowd.

kiddosmom