Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Disconnected Phone UPDATE!

Started by wallyworld85, Nov 29, 2003, 08:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld85

Well, the phone is disconnected still.....  I wanted so badly to speak to my daugher on Turkey Day sooo.....  I figured that my daugher was at my ex's parents house (the ones that basically paid for my ex's lawyer fees because THEY want my daughter).  The phone rings and rings the answering machine picks up so I leave a SAD message.  Well grandma picks up the phone and says yes my daughter is there.  So I get to speak to her even though my daughter now acts like she does not want to speak to me when I call.  (she's 7 today, today is her bday also).  

After speaking to her for about 15 minutes I ask if i can speak to my ex (to discuss xmas although I did NOT tell my daughter the reason for me wanting to speak)  She says "mommies not here, she is at her boyfriends parents"

THATS GREAT!  LETS SPEND A THANKSGIVING WITHOUT YOUR DAUGHTER SO YOU CAN PRETEND TO NOT HAVE A CHILD WITH YOUR BOYFREINDS FAMILY.... AND ONCE AGAIN.... I HAVE NO RIGHTS BUT THE GRANDPARENTS SURE DO... THEY GET HER EVERY OTHER WEEKEND, THEY HAD HER ALL SUMMER (WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY VISITATION, AND NOW THEY HAVE HER FOR HOLIDAYS WITHOUT HER MOTHER.

Then I asked to speak to her grandmother to see what I could find out about the disconnected phone.  I said, I see that ex has her phone disconnected.  Answer:  Yeah  My question:  So she is just using her cell phone.  Answer: I GUESS.  DO YOU WANT ANYTHING ELSE?  DO NOT CALL UNLESS TO SPEAK ONLY TO YOUR DAUGHTER.

Sorry for the vent

Wally

and... ex still hasn't signed visitation papers so until she does I will be denied xmas break.  Is there anything I can do to ensure I get the visitation??  my papers NOW do NOT have long distance visitation so she wiuld not be in contempt.  I havent seen my daughter in a year and TWO months now!  What can I do!!!

FatherTime

Document. Document. Document.  Use the time tracker at http://www.parentingtime.net   keep good records of your time with your child.  Document your last phone call and who was present.  

I would call her attorney and let them know that your intend to file for an emergency order for visitation.  Get her back into court and make her answer for not allowing contact on the birthday and the thanksgiving holiday.  Get her back into court now.   A Telephonic phone appearance may suffice rather than having to go all the way down to florida.  You might even be able to make it a court order that she maintains an active phone line into the home.  If it's disconnected, then it could be contempt of court. (you would ask the court to make it an order of the court)

I'd make the phone call to the apartment office complex too.  Don't be afraid of success.

A few questions:  How did she get away from the court proceeding without signing the court order for visitation?  Did the attorney sign?  I don't quite understand how she didn't sign.  

wallyworld85

It's a long story but basically a day before court her side came up with an agreement because they didn't want to do court.  I told my attorney if she offered no more than 250 per month in cs (IL guidelines say I should pay 180, but I know 180 doesn't take care of my child's needs).  She agreed to 210 but added a stip that I pay 60 per month of daycare (after school care).  At first I was not happy, but I said I would happily pay it if a stip was added that I only pay for services actually rendered AND I get a bill within 60 AND pay directly to day care facility.  I also added a stip to the agreement that if she defaults on visitation the defaulting party pays for all court costs etc... (she added one like that in the cs section).  So now I don't know if she will sign the agreement with the added stips.  My attorney is a dufus because I WANTED it to go to court.  I guess he wasn't prepared AND if she doesn't sign and it goes to court I willl get a new lawyer.The agree says NOTHING about telephone contact.  

I guess she spent thanksgiving AND her bday (yesterday) without her mom.  Because I called her mom's cell phone yesterday to say happy bday.  no answer, so I left a message.  About an hour later I get a collect call (she is at her grandparents house).  The wont even let her open presents NOT EVEN MINE AT MY REQUEST!  I mean it is HER birthday!  They said she is opening them on sun when her mom gets back from her boyfriends parents.

HOW NICE

MixedBag

You know, If I read and understood your explanation right, you're in limbo and nothing is going to happen.

WHEN was the "day" before court?  How long ago was that?  

What happened IN court on the day OF court?  Did the attorney(s) ask for a continuance to work something out?  Was a new date set?  If not, WHY NOT?