Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 15, 2024, 01:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

cafeteria problems

Started by antonin, Mar 23, 2004, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonin

1. My ex and I have had 50/50 custody of our 8 year old daughter since 9-03.
2. Before that I had daughter 3 weekends a month, etc.
3. Daughter has been attending local schools for 3 years.
4. Mother opened a cafeteria account for daughter beginning of school year.
5. I emailed the head of the cafeteria, asking for a password to view daughter's account online. I need to be able to see it, so I can deposit $$$ when it gets low.
6. I emailed cafeteria director, explaining my situation.
7. She emailed me a release form and stated she would send me a password.
8. I faxed the form.
9. It has been 2 months and 8 email requests from me:nothing from her.
10. She is stonewalling me.
11. What should I do?

NoNicky

It sounds like it is time to explain the law to the school.   Stop dealng with the head of the cafeteria and start talking to the principal.  A simple phone call to the principal may do the trick.  If not then they may need to be "reminded" of the law.  Take a look at the FERPA letter here.  Consider sending something similar to it to the school.  I would also check out your state's individual laws.  In Ohio, for example, we have a law that states that no school, medical or any other provider of services may withhold any information from a NCP that they would normally give a CP if there is no court order specifically barring them from having that information.  Failure to provide the information results in fines and contempt of court charges.  What you are talking about would certainly fall not only under Ohio's school guidelines and it is most assuredly something they would normally give to the CP.

Good luck!

antonin

Thanks.

What is really funny here...there is no cp/ncp distinction in papers, although I pay her CS as through she had full custody (for 3 years)..we have 50/50.