Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 17, 2024, 08:43:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

just wondering about something

Started by dsj9783, Dec 30, 2003, 08:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


my ex-fiance told me that she could refuse child support if she wanted to and i wouldn't be allowed to see my baby. she also said she could keep me from seeing it because i was in anger management and i went through alcoholic classes, and they could call me unfit or something like that. is that true? because it just seems that would make me look like i was trying to become a better person. neither the a.m. or the alcohol rehab was ordered by courts or anything, it was voluntary.


No, she can't do that.  I don't even know if she can voluntarily give up cs, and CHILD SUPPORT and VISITATION have nothing to do with one another.  That is rule #1.  Rule #2 is, if you are the biological parent, you have every right to seek visitation and/or custody of the child.  Since you said ex-fiance, make sure you have proven thru the courts that you are bio dad, you have got to get a paternity test to prove that since you were not married before the birth.

Good luck, and yes, voluntary treatment of any illness should be considered a positive, rather than a negative.