Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

IF we lose the next custody hearing re: SD...

Started by 1angrystepmom, Jan 22, 2004, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

What about the current visitation order??

1) DH is supposed to have spring break, which begins April 3.  SD is due to deliver in April... so, THAT visit is out.

2) DH is supposed to get the entire summer.  Is there a reason, that he cannot get SD AND his granddaughter for the summer visit??

Thoughts??  Advice???

Amber

NoNicky

Make sure you bring those issues to light in the next hearing.  Most likely a whole new visitation schedule would be written.  

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

sweetnsad

I would think that if she is still a minor, under her mother's care and is also being supported with CS, that there isn't any reason why the visitation should change....then you get to spend time with his granddaughter as well....

Just my opinion though.

joni

don't you think the grandchild's father would object to his child being gone all summer?  or his parents would interfere?

1angrystepmom

ok, so ONE summer is going to hurt??  the baby's father can travel to FL see his daughter.

DH had had 14 years STOLEN from him by BM.... and now this, DH has had ONE visit... which was Thanksgiving... SO, what you are saying is
it is OK for DH to continue to lose.. but NOT the grandchild's father??

Indigo Mom

I don't think summer break is going to be an issue until the baby is in school.  Until then, the father can come see the child "whenever"...and isn't stuck with when the child is out on vacation.

When the baby is in school, THEN it becomes an issue...

Indigo Mom

Maybe your hub can go to the hospital when his grandchild is born?  I understand if they live in different states, it being more difficult...but most grandparents do, and accept this.  I know my parents get to see their grandkids once every blue moon...they talk to them on the phone all the time, though...and while I'm stuck in this state, they have to accept that.  They would love to have the kids there...but accept we live on the other side of the country.  

And also, no matter how angry you are, this "is" this mans child.  Even if he's a real piece of work, he is one of the parents.  

mudbunnies

i dont mean to be the bearer of ill tidings but please consider the following;

1.  what if SD and bio mom go after the dad for support on the new baby?  does that give you any grounds to declare the sd as emancipated? (if you lose at the custody hearing)

2.  what if SD and bio mom go after dad for paternity and he gets his own visitation rights?  those first few months if sd is breast feeding no one can force her to come see you if she needs to be available to provide milk?

(i've seen bio mom's and new mom's use every trick in the book to stop visitations)

consider these things

3. depending on state that sd lives in, what if sd and bio mom file for federal assistance? WIC, AFDC or TANF, Food stamps and the likes for sd and new baby? You and the bio dad could be charged with restitution of some of the AFDC, TANF, MEDICAID costs...

i dont mean to depress you or anything, i just think you should be aware of some upcoming pot holes in the road and CYA.

be careful, dont let these new issues be further grounds for the bio mom to hurt the dad.....

1angrystepmom

as far as "public assistance" they will go after the baby's father.  He is an adult.

The only thing they can go after DH for is SD's prenatal care, which is covered by insurance.  

SD has already stated she will not be nursing.  

I suppose we shall see what the judge says... the kinda bad thing is, we had filed for CS mod, and it is now REALLY going... mod was filed for back in March... hearing should be VERY soon.  

joni

I was just giving you a head's up that you might have a problem exercising visitation this summer with your stepdaughter if the grandchild's father (and his parents) put up a stink about his kid leaving the state.  It's something you have to anticipate.  

I understand your anger and frustration, we're in the same exact boat.  It sucks when you end up on the short end of every stick...I know.