Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 09:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Still getting the runaround

Started by allisonfamily, Feb 29, 2004, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allisonfamily

***see "what are our rights/" entry for my background info

My husband and I are still having no success in locating his daughter. We called the child support division, as suggested by many people, and were told that we are entitled only to the last address that was part of the public record in pothonetary's office. But that's not a current address. I have done countless internet searches and mailed a letter to each address that was ever connected to the BM. Most have been returned, and the others are still trickling in. We are covering all bases by keeping all envelopes that are returned to prove all our efforts, but where do we go next? Most lawyers are giving us a starting fee of $2500, and we can't afford that. Is there a way to find her w/o hiring a PI?

I cry_ in_the_dark

How about stopping the child support?

See how quick she comes around THEN?!?!?!

Belle

Since he was never married to BM you will need to go to court eventually. He needs to sent certified return reciept mail to any known address to grandparents and any known family members preferably anyone that does not move around. (addressed to them not BM or child, place cards in for child or note; keep copies of letters for your self with attached #of return reciept articles this shows the court he tried to maintain contact with her. (Legally BM could have his rights terminated just because of no contact for 7+ years depending on your state, BM could lie about him knowingt where she was once you do find her) Publish ads in different  local papers looking for her. (if you have a cell Phone she cant trace who she is calling) You can also check if she has water turned on in her name this is public records so most of the time they will also give you the address. Look and see if she has had any tickets!!! You look up your court with each of the countys known to live in pray she has some look up if she has applied for marrage license and been divorced since He last saw her (I looked up how many divorces my ex from high school had(not crazy; just curious), all this info came back in several court files I was shocked I could do this. You can then usually click on their name and get current address at time of issue, if it is a traffic ticket)(not if marrage or divorce) Good luck to you.

MYSONSDAD

Belle, you gave some great suggestions!

I love what you said about contacting relatives, awesome!

In the last few months, they have come up with a way to track cell phones. All you do is request the name the cell phone # belongs to.

allisonfamily

Actually, she tried to stop the support a few years ago, but my husband refuses to give up the only thing he's allowed to do for his child. Can't say I blame him...