Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

my ex husbands anger is affecting my children

Started by formykids, Mar 09, 2004, 01:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formykids

I cant find any local help.  I have been divorced for about 5 years.  My exhusband is still angry about it.  He continues to bad mouth me to my children.  I dont want to stop him from seeing him, but the things he says are not healthy for my kids.  I am thinking about supervised visitation.  He is not someone I or anyone can reason with.  He has a history of verbal and mental abuse to me.  there are so many issue, it would take up an entire page to list all of them.  My main concern is his lying and his verbal slander.

Peanutsdad

You do understand that in order to get supervised visits, it means filing new motions and going back to court?

formykids

yes, I assumed that.  I just want to do the right thing.  I dont want my children harmed.  I dont know if supervised visitation is the answer.  But I know that they cant be subjected to their fathers problems.  I cant get anyone to give me advise or help me.

doood

Paternal Alienation Syndrome is difficult for a noncustodial parent to prove against a custodial one. if your ex is doing this to you and your kids during his visitation it would be even harder. double click here
--> PAS <-- and you will search this entire website for all references to paternal alienation syndrome. good luck to all of you.

formykids

I am the custodial parent.  He is doing this even in front of me.  He isnt hiding his comments at all.  He jsut denies them even to me.  He truely believes everything his says.
Whats the web site?  it didnt come across.  

wendl

check with your local rules in your state about taping conversation and tape all the exchanges.

Maybe you can go to mediation to address these concerns or maybe supervised visits is the answer. or possible get a GAL involved with this.

Belle

I agree with taping coversations & mediation. Send a return reciept letter to him (and to be placed in your court file) to seek voluntary mediation. Usually this works, if not then go to court.

Some parents just don't understand the torment caused to these precious kids.