Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trying to get visitaion

Started by Rysimps0419, May 10, 2004, 04:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rysimps0419

Hi I have posted under please help. My son requested a hearing to try to get visitation to see his 6 month old son. He has been kept from seeing him since he was two days old. Their attorney did not show up saying he had an emergency hearing the result being that nothing could be done because she did not have representaion, so the judge ordered mediation. That was a month ago and today was supposed to be the mediation. Her attorney canceled again two hours before mediation saying he was called in for another emergency hearing. Prior to mediation there was an emergency hearing set up for visitation and our attorney missed the hearing. This has become very frustrating to say the least, does anyone have any advice on what steps we can take to settle this ordeal. We feel like her attorney is playing games.

Sy

gipsy

I went throught exaxctly the same with some minor details different .I will keep as much of the story " short and break it into the facts . And remmember washington state is where this occured , You state may be different .

First The commissioners or judges will really do absolutely nothing for you untill You have a Guardian ad Litem report ,
    The reason Is the Court , Has no way to go out And see what Is really going on ,and due the controversy In cases involving Children . They Just make a call... SOOO In Wash And most states they appoint A CASA , A Guardian Ad Litem , Or a Parenting Investigater, The reason for this is for the judge to have a report to fall back on that say's Joe Smoe went out to each persons house and saw that they Have a place for the kid to go to , With all the things they need , If You don't have a bed toys and a little dresser for the child Get it !!
  Then the GAL will talk to Three witnesses , On each side , You want your witnesses to validate that you are a person of good standing , More than you want them to say the other parent is BAD , The reason is they hear this all day long , And they are sick of it , UNLESS there is a proveable fact ,That is truly detrimental to the childs welfare , And not a fact like she dresses the child wrong , it has to be  Something like neglect , Trust Me other than something serious , Spend time with the good stuff about you !! And your enthusiasm about seeing the child ,
   This person will report to the court , And you want this report to say you are good [DAD is] So

So what My atty did was file for a temporary parenting Plan , Mom Balked and told stories about what A bad guy is was , And He then Appointed a GAL ,
    Like three months later the GAL reported .to the court it looked similar to this <<<

Interim  Report of GAL ,GOOFY Court reporter BLA BLA .
      MR XXXX . Has a job ,car, house , bed room And toys waiting for the child , I GAL , Have checked out his witnesses , And the Moms , And the police  for a report , There was no report  [ or witness to any  Of moms allegations] ,Dad will see the kid , At supervised visits,  

"MY son was 11 Months old by the time I saw him ", ,,, So I got supervised visits , Don't balk at this , These people talk to the GAL , So the GAL will report to the judge her findings , So My report said ,' MR XZXX Showed for his visits And had food,toys, diapers . and Napkins etc , , (you will probably have to deal with something like breast feeding or something ) But get it dealt with , After the first visit . My Atty said aren't you excited about the visit , I said Yeah " He said CALL the GAL and tell her ", This was a smart move as the GAL put in her second report that I was excited about My visits , . In her second report the GAL moved Me to some at Home supervised visits , There was like three , Then Another review by the court , And they moved to Saturday overnight , And every tuesday , And ever thursday for like two hours ,
      Soo the basice are there
   File for a parenting plan , If they disagree file for a GAL Or do it all at once , And go through the courts process , Thats really it , Theres just some attys that charge a Lot for this process and some that will just tell you this is a Process .
   So If your atty isn't telling the process set an appointment and ask him what is the process , Use My example About the GAL and the parenting plan and there will be a Child support order , If you are self employed , Don't even try it with out a bookeepers statement that shows the NET EARNINGS You make . Thats it , If your atty doesn't tell you the basic process , then move on to the next Atty till you find one that tells you what the court process is , There is a good reason for the GAL being appointed , And thats because the atty represents the paying parent , And the best atty wins , So the GAL is there as the middle person for the child , And thats who the judge listens to !! Just remmember its a process you can't avoid it , And be nice to all , don't react to the crap or you get the finger pointed at you , And as a man the finger is already pointed , thats the way it is , You have to show your best side and thats all folks , I post for the  purpose of this , Helping people going through the exact same as I did , Its frustrating , But don;t let it get you down . It will take months , In wich you will call the GAL , And probably not get anything but an answering machine , And leave a message every  week that say's . I hoping to get the report to the judge, So I can see my son ,,  That was another good point for me , The GAL wrote , MR XXXX Has been persistant with me about seeing his son , But you would't want the report to say , He called and bitched , Just Many nice reminders , That You want to see you son !!! There are many hills and valleys in this process , JUST PLEASe remmember not to get frustrated , Show the court and its jesters that you are just  there to get an order to see your kid , As a note toward that issue the smartest thing I ever said to  My atty at court , For him to repeat to the commissioner ," I want to see My son " And the commissioner smiled at Me , Her atty said BLAH BLAH BLAH !!! So the commissioner looked at Me and said " WHEN" . SO I said  More than I wanted , Every weekend and every thursday , And every Tuesday , They usually give every other weekend as a standard , And then One weekday ,  I had registered for an interactive Parenting class , and said I wanted to take him to the class also in addition , SO I got the extra visit ordered , And the order is good untill some one comes to court and changes it , So this extra visit went on for a long time , Use this idea , Find such a class , It makes you look good , And to tell the truth the class didn't work out for Me and I just kept the visit going , No one checks , This system is sort of sloppy , But sort of accurate ,
this is a process that seems like a gigantic monster , But You will In the end realize what I do , The WHOLE THING IS GOING TO BOIL DOWN TO TWO COURT DOCUMENTS  , A parenting plan and a child support order , All the shit in between Is just Frustrating ,  Go talk to your atty with the new info I gave you and say ,. How do I get from where I am to the two orders , If he can't or doesn't tell you in simple terms . Go ask the same question to the next and the next atty , Untill they just tell you , Then hire the one that Will just talk to you like a human , Like a regular Guy , Trust me I hired the high dollar atty , They have less say than the Guardian ad Litem , And it really doesn't matter , this is all a standard procedure , You just don't want a BAD atty , You don't need a great atty , Just one that files the papers and tells you what to do next , And shows up , After this process , I will say , the atty should say as you tell him I want to see My kid , Ok we will just file this Do you want to now ? And I will get it in the court tomarrow or so , I hired a good average atty , And His legal aid, had the paperwork in within a couple of days , then you wait for the court date , And show up , As a matter of fact My current atty files like three to five on the same day and gets the GAL and the temp plan in place for several people all at once , This IS SIMPLE