Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 08:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Visitation for Non-School Aged Children

Started by bella, Jun 27, 2004, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bella

I need some help interpreting the Florida Model Parental Time Sharing Schedule in regard to summer visitation for non-school-aged children.  My children are 4yrs and 1yr.  I am currently in a custody dispute wherein I am trying to prevent my wife from relocating my children 1000 miles away.  I am confident that I can demonstrate for the court (Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, Palm Beach County) that the petition for relocation is in bad-faith and intended to interfere with my children's relationship with me.  We went to temporary relief in March and the court ordered time-sharing in accordance with the Model Parental.  Since then, I have been denied our spring and summer visitation on the premise that because the children are not of school age, the Model Schedule does not apply.  

Does anybody have any advice or case law they could share with me?

Any help is appreciated.  

joni

for these missed visitations.   this contempt charge should be seperate from her move away motion and hopefully get heard before the move away to get the judge angry.  it'll also be evidence to use on your move away motion.  if she can't comply with visitations when you live in the same area...how the hell is she going to comply when she's outside of the judge's jurisdiction.

you  have a court order granting you spring and summer and she didn't comply?  that's contempt.  PERIOD.  Many times these Model Parental's are just guidelines....not restrictions....and can be followed or adapted on a case by case basis.  it's court ordered regardless of the age of the children, the judge ordered the arrangement because the judge felt it was appropriate for you.

bella

Thanks for the advice.  Do you know of any case law or where I may be able to find some to present to the judge in my motion?

wendl

you should add in the parenting plan for the spring winter breaks etc for the school district the chidlren live in, it shoudn't matter if they are school age or not.

If you go by the school district calender they reside in them, there wont be any misunderstanding of when it starts ends etc.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**