Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

problems with an ex-wife

Started by 9haakes, Jul 20, 2004, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9haakes

Last year I asked the court to reduce my child support due to my pending disability claim. Well the judge suspended the support AND visitation stateing "if I can't pay for them, why should I see them?'  But hfe advised us to work something out.  But everytime I begin to see my kids and everything is smooth, my ex does somthing drastic to stop me from seeing my children.  She has even went as far as to say that my current wife has beaten the kids me and my ex share. Those allegations have been proven false.  But I don't know what to do. Can someone help please?

jilly

That Judge is full of s**t!!!   Whether you pay child support (or a reduced amount of child support) has NOTHING to do with whether having a relationship with your children.

I would report this Judge IMMEDIATELY.

Bolivar OH

Jilly is right!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Child Support and Visitation is two different issues.

wendl

That judge is full of crap, you cannot deny visitation cuz you can pay child support or need it lowered.

Visitation and child support are TWO seperate issues.

You need to file a complaint.
You need to file a modification of parenting plan as well, have it spell out EVERYTHING times and day of pick up, and don't forget school breaks, holidays etc.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Peanutsdad

The judge in your case has oversteped the bounds of law. BUT.. you didnt appeal the ruling.

You need to get back to court to re-establish visitation schedules.

stepmomtwo1

This judge is an arss! We have not been allowed to see my husbands dd for 8 years because the ex is so great at PAS and lying. It started when sd was 9 and now she is almost 17 and has heard her moms lies for so long that it's all true to her.

When she took us back for more cs last year we asked why we needed to pay more if the ex never worked and we never get to see the child and they said none of that mattered childsupport and visitation are two totally seperate issues. Other wise maybe we could just quit paying if we don't see the kid.

The power they give these people is often used against good people like us to help out people who are breaking the law to start with.

Go now and get visitation. It sucks that we have to get attorneys to get the legal rights we are suppossed to have but the ex wife just needs to contact the child support beaure and they trip all over themselves to help her get things she thinks she deserves.