Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spiteful Woman - Not Just To Her Ex But Her CHILD As Well

Started by mad_as_hell, Nov 23, 2004, 05:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad_as_hell

On 10.16.04 at one of Cassie's cheerleading sessions, we approached Jenn and asked if we might have Cassie for the weekend after Thanksgiving (meaning Nov. 27) because I could get tickets through my employer to see DISNEY ON ICE for only $10 a person.  We thought that she (Cassie) might like to go.  Since a holiday schedule was not actually set up at this point, we did not purchase the tickets because we wanted to discuss it like adults with Jenn and work something out.  Jenn told us that she would let us know but that she was sure she and her family were going to the city to see a show that weekend.  Then she told Tom that "We'll work something out in the next session with Mary Lou."  

Well, you can read my other posting regarding what has happened in between then and now...  what happened this past Saturday is what I want to discuss further.

Tom picked Cassie up this past Saturday and Jenn was on the front porch waiting for him.  She asked him if we ever got those tickets we told her about.  He told her no because we had been waiting to hear from her and now it was too late to get the tickets.  She smirked and said, "Gee- that's too bad.  We're not going to the city that weekend afterall."

What a b****!  I mean, it's one thing to spite Tom.  He's an adult and you almost expect it from her at this point.  But she just spited her OWN child!  We weren't asking her to pay for the tickets.  We weren't asking her for anything except to allow us to take Cassie to the show and she spited her own child out of seeing Disney On Ice!  How can you be so cruel?  It's a good thing that no one told Cassie about the show or she would really be disappointed.

Look, I've never been married before so I don't know what it's like to go through a divorce.  And my parents have been married for over 30 years and they dated in high school before that so I REALLY don't know what a divorce can be like but this is just sad.  My heart is breaking for this little girl and I especially don't understand how a MOTHER can be so uncaring.

And I don't have any children of my own so maybe I don't know what it's like to be a parent seperated from your kids but again - this is just so wrong.

I can relate to Cassie very much.  Our situations are not exactly the same but similar enough.  I am adopted.  My parents raised me from 3 days old, but I know who my birth mother is and Jenn reminds me of her a lot.  Her name is Donna.  She is the only thing that keeps me from my birth father.  She never told him of my existence before giving me up for adoption and now she won't tell me his name so I can find him.  Donna thinks she has the right to keep me from my dad, like Jenn thinks she has the right ot keep Cassie from Tom.  Donna is spiteful... like Jenn.  So I understand what Cassie is going through.  I just wonder if JENN understands.

purrrfectgirl

Welcome to the "second wife's/gf's" club.  We get deal with the fall-out of crappy CP mothers.  THis woman is someone you're going to have deal with the rest of your life if you two stay together.  Be prepared.  And I know what you mean baout spiteful, we deal with one of those.  She's tried to deny the kids from coming to see their dad the first year they were seperated because he couldn't get the kids based on her schedule (beacuse he had to work to pay all that CS she loves so much).  There's nothing you can do to help these children.  The only person who can change these things for this little girl is her mother and she won't.  So just be there to listen and sympathize and that's about the best you can do.