Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This woman is a piece of work...

Started by mad_as_hell, Dec 08, 2004, 08:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad_as_hell

So, Tom attended his court ordered counseling with Jenn and Cassie and a few things happened.

The good things:
The counselor FINALLY woke up about Jenn.  She asked Jenn why she didn't even try to work it out with Tom for the holiday visitation and Jenn tried to pull her "Where have you been speech..." but the counselor cut her off and said, "Enough.  When we began these sessions you BOTH agreed that whatever happened in the past would stay there and we wouls start fresh.  So far, Tom is the only person doing that."  (And as for the stupid speech: he was there but JENN never allowed him visits unless it was convenient for her and of course, it was NEVER convenient for her.)  Then, the counselor also touched on the subject of communication and why they don't seem to be discussing anything unless it's in the counseling.  Example:  Counselor wanted to know why any behavior issues or non-issues weren't discussed after we brought Cassie back on Thanksgiving.  Tom said, "Because Jenn was not even there."  She went to WORK which meant we really could have had Cassie for the night instead of 3 freaking hours!  The counselor looked at Jenn and Jenn shrunk in her chair.  Then the counselor asked why we don't discuss the regular visits with Jenn when she comes to pick Cassie up and of course the answer was simple... "Because Jenn doesn't come to pick up Cassie.  She sends her mother or her father to pick Cassie up so she can sleep in late up in PA.  Her parents only live about 10 minutes from us in Jersey."  Again, the counselor looked at Jenn and Jenn turned bright red.

The bad stuff:
Apparently, Cassie began counseling 2 years ago with this same counselor.  A fact that Jenn never bothered to mention.  The counselor says that absolutely no progress has been made with Cassie in that time.  Jenn then decided that she was a psychologist and demed Cassie a BORDERLINE PERSONALITY.  Tom started laughing because there is not way that Cassie (an 8 year old) is a BP.  Jenn, on the other hand has met almost all nine clinical criteria for such a disorder.  One of those symptoms being that she PROJECTS her problem onto someone else.  (IE - Cassie being the BP instead of Jenn?!)  IF (and that is a BIG if) Cassie has anything it would be Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD).  Read about it on the net if you don't know what it is - interesting.  Anyway, I'm not trying to play psych doctor but I took enough psychology classes in college to be able to make an educated GUESS.

So, just guess who got her lazy a** out bed on Sunday to drive to NJ to pick up her daughter?  He he...

joni

finally!  the couselor's getting off the pot!  I think the bad stuff is good for you too.  Jenn's not sharing relevant info about the child.  Jenn's not taking care of the child's mental health.  I hope this is the path of resolve for your family.