Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:42:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother won't enforce parenting plan

Started by Annie, Apr 26, 2005, 09:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

My new husband has three children, 16, 13, 10. The 16 year-old got angry with us because we stopped buying her new clothes and called her on using drugs. She has refused to visit our home since Thanksgiving. Her BM say, "I can't make her."
2 months ago daughter #2 (13) has also stated that she doesn't want to visit anymore. She doesn't like her stepmom and doesn't think her dad should've gotten married so fast. BM answer? "I can't make her visit you."
I have been told that the parenting plan does not govern the children and unless I can prove that the BM is coercing the girls into NOT visiting their dad, we can do nothing.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Yes, I know the standard answer would be to get a lawyer but to be honest with you, I think that is one of the reasons the BM is doing this...so that we have to spend $$.

kitten

What I understand is that it is custodial parents resposibility to foster a positive relationship between kids and other parent.  It is her job to say to them that they HAVE to visit Dad.  They are still minors.  If she does not follow the CO, she is in contempt.  If DH does not get kids for his visitation because Mom says she can't make them, then she is in contempt and charges should be filed.  If you don't want to spend the money, go to the court and file yourself or just don't see the kids anymore.  Not much choice here.  

justwantstobeadad

It sound like she is trying to alienate your husband and you. she is probably encouraging this know ing how it hurts your husband. Make sure you document EVERTHING yea I know what a pain but let me tell you from expirience it pays off. She might also be able to be held accountable by the local police by interfering with a custody order. By when you go to get the children and she acts like this call them and have them at least talk to her this might give her a "wake up call"
she might also be doing this on purpose it is called PAS parental alienation syndrome. check it out on a seach engine. good luck let me know how it goes