Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 10:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No visitation and no contact info.

Started by vanessam, Jun 15, 2005, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanessam

My boyfriend has not seen his son for two years. He is paying child support as well. We live in Arizona and they live somewhere in San Diego, California. We do not have contact with the mother and we are at a loss for what to do. We have no idea where to even start and do not have any money to pay the attorney fees. Do we start in California or do we start out here? Please help us, it is tearing him apart.

ocean

Does he have a visitation order in place with the child support order?

vanessam

No. this is all new to both of us. They were never married and I have been on the Superior Court website all day. They never did any paperwork. He would always just make arrangements with the mother. The legal part of this is sort of confusing.

daddenied

How is he paying child support?  Where does he send the money to if the arrangement is with his child's mother?

wendl

where were the child support orders entered (what court)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

dontunderstand

There has to be some sort of legal aid in your area, if not free low cost.  You will need an attorney because it is so confusing and living in different states you will have different laws.  Try to get a parenting plan drawn up ASAP!  The longer you wait the less simpathetic the courts will be... hope this helps...good luck!

vanessam

They were entered in the Superior Court of California, San Diego.

vanessam

He wasn't paying child supprt for two years because he really had no way to get in contact with them. I have the paper work and we have to go through California, but there is a website that I found to help us get through everything out there. We has no problem paying the child support but he just wants some kind of contact with his son.

wendl

Forms are on this site, I believe they have instructions to.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**