Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting time with child

Started by lovingfiance01, Dec 21, 2005, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovingfiance01

I am the fiance of a man who has his daughter every other weekend.
I am trying to understand a few things,

1. every time he ask for a extra day here and there for family things she says no. That is it no questions asked.

2. He wants to take her to court however $$$ is the case because she gets loads of it already and there is none to spare. Are there any places that assist with father rights to get more custody?

I am trying my best to do the leg work for him. Any help would be appreciated.

MixedBag

"1. every time he ask for a extra day here and there for family things she says no. That is it no questions asked."

This is normal when a parent doesn't want to co-parent with the non-custodial parent.  He's not the only one who goes through this and there's no easy fix (If there's even a fix besides to keep asking).  From personal experience, in my order there's a part that says "and on her days off as agreed upon by the parties" .  HOWEVER, EX never agrees to any days and I can't go back to court and hold him in contempt for never agreeing.  BUT just like you, you can use it as an example of how the custodial parent uses time with the child as a weapon to hurt you and the child.

2. He wants to take her to court however $$$ is the case because she gets loads of it already and there is none to spare. Are there any places that assist with father rights to get more custody?

If you're looking for financial assistance, this site is not a source for that.  If you're looking for advice all the way around on how to deal with different situations, the folks who post here are fantastic.  Read the articles and what everyone posts and asks each day and you'll find that you'll learn to deal with the EX better and you'll learn more and more about what the court system will do and won't do and what it takes to get it done.

There's no clear cut answer to getting more custody or more time with the children.....otherwise, I think most folks here would have come back and posted that they now have 50/50 with their child(ren).