Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drivers license revocation

Started by oyeoyeoye, Dec 10, 2003, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oyeoyeoye

HI everyone. I'm freaking out. I just got a notice that my california drivers license is going to be revoked in may.

Yes, I owe arrearage... what is new?  I'm on Social Security Disability. I have NO visitation.  If they take my license I won't be able to get to my oncologist, the market, etc.

Before this happened, I made an appointment to see the court facilitator... the divorce is in LA, I live in the San Francisco area.
Getting there will be a challenge.

I'm in a huge panic. They have been so mean to me even though I've explained that I am sick... I mean, SSDI...  or, talk to my oncologist.
   I told a friend that it's been 6 years now that I've been hounded for support... etc. AND, when I was working I paid it too...  I can't now. My EX is totally hostile to me too so there is no dealing there.
   Anyhow, I told a friend that I am seriously thinking of suicide. I don't see anyway to deal with this anymore... I'm tire and exhausted from my chemotherapy... what the hell do they want?  Once I'm dead can they come to the afterlife and mess with me there too?  I can't deal with this anymore,
I can't even cry over it anymore. I'm just... numb. If I can manage to get enough sleeping pills I'm going to take as many as it takes so I don't have to wake up to this anymore. It's bad enough I haven't been able to see my children since November 14, 1997, 3:30PM. At that time I didn't know it was going to be the last time I was going to hug them...
   I can see them coming after someone who has money and just does not pay. But why do they come after people that are sick and basically dying anyhow? I wanted to be a parent to my children but my ex coached them on what to say in the court so the judge could not do anything. Even the judge was upset about this. He said, "Usually I'm trying to convince a parent to take an active roll in the childrens lives, but now I have a parent that wants to keep parenting but I have to not allow it...!!"  He looked at my lawyer at the time and just said, "counsel? can you come up with anything...?"  
   I'm sorry this is so long. I'm moving, AGAIN, and I'll check my email, or this board before I move the computer... which is dying too.

Cheryl....
   ( yes... women get steamrollered by the system too... they don't care who you are once your in there sights.)

StPaulieGirl

I'm praying that people here have pm'd their support to you, since I don't see any replies.

My dad died from cancer in '96.  Forget about the child support.  Get real support for yourself!  In the event that they yank your license, you can get door to door rides from either your hospital, or county.  Don't despair!  Maybe a mentor could find a way to facilitate a visit between you and your kids.  They must be getting to be becoming adults by now.
You need representation.

My email address is [email protected]

I can also help post a prayer request for you at another website.

I'm sure everyone's prayers are with you, as mine are!

FatherTime

Setup a phone consultation with the LA area child support office, if needed.  It can even be done to adjust parenting time.

Why don't you go to the local child support division and have them adjust child support depending on your income.  Have a recomputation done based on your income and then work out a payment plan.  It's not as bad as you think.  Keep your options open.  Find more of them.  I have found that if you limit your choices then you also set yourself up for a fall.  

Don't give up.