Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The calm before the storm?

Started by nerd, Dec 27, 2003, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerd

Hello All!

First I want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday!  

I want everyone to know that after we filed the assault and battery charges against Ex's current wife (even though she filed bogus charges first) ex has been very cooperative.  We got the children with no problems even though it was the youngest childs birthday weekend (he had filed bogus charges right before the oldest birthday because it was our weekend and he found out we were throwing a B-day party for him, he managed to talk the judge into suspending visits until a hearing, which was dismissed of course)

Anywho, it was our christmas to have the children and everything went very well!  In fact no trouble at all, which I am sad to say, is a little scary!!  can you believe we have come to this....hoping and praying we will be met with civility and cooperation and when we are we are suspicious!

BUT, we were able to lay everything aside and for the first time in 3 years I had ALL 8 of my grandchildren with me at my traditional Christmas Eve bash!  it was wonderful!  My daughter hasn't told me the details yet, but when I ask her how the Christmas day went, she gave a long tearful sigh and simply said...wonderful....

Kitty C.

Just one question......have you or your daughter ever stood up to her ex like you just did with the A&B charges?  If not, then THAT's why he's being so nice, because your daughter refuses to roll over and play dead any more!  She's sticking up for herself and refusing him to control and to use their children as weapons against her.  Yes, maybe the other shoe is just waiting to drop, but it doesn't change the fact that you now have BEAUTIFUL Christmas memories, instead of anger, grief, and resentment, right?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......