Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 09:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone have this in their court order?

Started by patton, Jul 29, 2004, 02:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patton

Does anyone have any stipulation in their court order about the non-custodial parent bringing back the child late?  I don't mean 10 minutes, but anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours late each visitation.  Or do you know of anyone that has any stipulation in their court order?

I have seen it stipulated for late pick up of child but not bringing child back on time.

If so could you please post the wording in your court order?

Or if you would like to post the wording as HOW you would word it.

wendl

Geez Patton is she now bring home late?? 1st she doesnt take him now bring hom late.

Grrrr

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

msme

Where do you exchange? We use the parking lot of the local police station. It is on camera. You can call just as you arrive & tell the dispatcher that you are having exchange problems & want it noted that you are there at (specify time) & discribe your vehicle. They will usually say, "Okay, I see you."

When she doesn't show within about 20 minutes, go inside & tell them that you would like it noted in the log that she has not returned the children. Have CO with you. Then sit on the bench or whatever & watch for her.

When you see her arrive, go out & get the kids. Put them in the car. Most likely, she will ask what you were doing in there. Just tell her that her visitation ends at XX:XX & you expect her to have the children there on time.

Next day, send her a CRR letter with a photo copy of the paragraph of the CO that states the time, with the time highlighted. State that returning the children late is contempt of the order. You are getting police verification of her being late & if it continues, you will be filing contempt charges on her.

We did not have to send the letters, she panics whenever she sees us walk out of the police station. Now, she is rarely late for either exchange.

By the way, order states that if she is 10 minutes late for pick up, she forfeits the visit. No make up.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!