Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:33:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Living with fiance might be a problem!!!!

Started by pickupsticks, Nov 11, 2004, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickupsticks

My ex is taking me back for modification of child support. I have been living with my fiance' for about 3.5 years. I admit I had some credit issues so she owns the house and all the utilities are in her name. I pay her half of the mortgage and half all other utilities. I do not have any credit cards. How do I go about proving to the court during child support modification that I do in fact have these expenses and I pay them to my fiance' . I have checks to show that I am paying my fiance' but it doesn't say for what reasons other than expenses and I do fall behind from time to time so they do not match up exactly to the bills. I am a bit in arrears. What should we do?

joni

child support is based, basically, on your gross income less an abitrary income tax amount.  doesn't matter what your liabilities or living expenses are.  they're not taken into consideration.  what you live on, or are able to live on, are after child support.

what you can get a deduction for is your travel expenses going to see your child, especially since your Ex is the one who moved your kid away from you, causing you to incur these expenses.

wendl

I am married to my dh and we keep our finances seperate, in court they questioned how much dh pays towards bills, I had to show them my bank statements and in my statements is showed the same amount deposited every month and that is what he pays to the household. The home and cars are in my name as I purchased them.

They did not take my income into consideration for his cs.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**