Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 06:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phone recording software....

Started by Ref, Nov 03, 2005, 08:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Has anyone used any of these? I was looking into Ez Phone recorder but wanted to get advice before I settle on one.

Thanks
Ref

MixedBag

I bought hardware from Radio Shack and it works fine.

wysiwyg

I use a DUOFONE from Radioshack and that is plugged into a Sony ICRecorder (BP150).  THe Dig voice recorder has USB that I then copy the voice file to my computer as a WAV, I can convert to MP3 and in either format burn to a Cd for court.  Been there and done that - three years of conversaions in court!

MixedBag

Bet if you posted this to Soc, he'll find plenty of reasons where you won't be able to use it as evidence.

We too recorded and I transcribed, but couldn't use anything as evidence in court -- and that's the main goal of most folks who post questions like this.

You have to give your ORIGINAL recording to a certified transcriptionist (99 times out of 100) in order to use it in any actual court proceeding.

Now in other situations, the rules are different -- like when we played the tapes for the mediator, or for counselors, or attorneys.....they don't use the same rules, and they listened and understood what we were up against.

Bradley

I bought an 80 dollar hand held that can just be held up to the phone and record live conversations as well.