Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

advice needed for my divorce

Started by wxtcy, May 10, 2006, 12:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wxtcy

My husband has lived outside of canada for years and only come back once a while during last 5 years. I proposed the divorce last year, but he is not very coorperative and asks for sth unreasonable, such as not paying child support, and asking me to pay him back the money he gave me for living during the past years. He has stopped paying any money since this April.

If he comes back to Canada again, I don't want him to stay with me anymore. Do I have the right to refuse him to stay with me?

He doesn't want to get divorced. Can I file a divorce alone by myself? I would like to know how to do this even though he is not coorperative.

ilovemysd

>My husband has lived outside of canada for years and only
>come back once a while during last 5 years. I proposed the
>divorce last year, but he is not very coorperative and asks
>for sth unreasonable, such as not paying child support, and
>asking me to pay him back the money he gave me for living
>during the past years. He has stopped paying any money since
>this April.
>
>If he comes back to Canada again, I don't want him to stay
>with me anymore. Do I have the right to refuse him to stay
>with me?
>
>He doesn't want to get divorced. Can I file a divorce alone by
>myself? I would like to know how to do this even though he is
>not coorperative.
>

I'm not in Canada, nor am I a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice, but parties do not have to be in agreement to divorce, in my understanding.  You file the papers, have him served, and a judge orders the dissolution of the marriage.  

Once again, not in Canada, not a lawyer, but I would think that you can change your locks or not open the door, and make hm sleep somewhere else...

wxtcy

My husband has lived outside of canada for years and only come back once a while during last 5 years. I proposed the divorce last year, but he is not very coorperative and asks for sth unreasonable, such as not paying child support, and asking me to pay him back the money he gave me for living during the past years. He has stopped paying any money since this April.

If he comes back to Canada again, I don't want him to stay with me anymore. Do I have the right to refuse him to stay with me?

He doesn't want to get divorced. Can I file a divorce alone by myself? I would like to know how to do this even though he is not coorperative.

ilovemysd

>My husband has lived outside of canada for years and only
>come back once a while during last 5 years. I proposed the
>divorce last year, but he is not very coorperative and asks
>for sth unreasonable, such as not paying child support, and
>asking me to pay him back the money he gave me for living
>during the past years. He has stopped paying any money since
>this April.
>
>If he comes back to Canada again, I don't want him to stay
>with me anymore. Do I have the right to refuse him to stay
>with me?
>
>He doesn't want to get divorced. Can I file a divorce alone by
>myself? I would like to know how to do this even though he is
>not coorperative.
>

I'm not in Canada, nor am I a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice, but parties do not have to be in agreement to divorce, in my understanding.  You file the papers, have him served, and a judge orders the dissolution of the marriage.  

Once again, not in Canada, not a lawyer, but I would think that you can change your locks or not open the door, and make hm sleep somewhere else...