Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 09:02:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Changing Childrens Doctors

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Jan 06, 2004, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

My daughter informed me last night that her dad intends to send her to a new Doctor and Dentist, as well as her brother.
(May I remind that dad just received primary physical custody, with shared legal custody.)

Both the current Dentist and Doctor have taken care of my children since the day both children were born. (9 and 12 years) As well, I was not from this area so these Dr.'s were my former husbands. I asked my daughter why they were going to change, and she advised me that they are not the Dr.'s that dad's new wife uses. My daughter(12) does NOT want to change doctors and is quite upset about this.

If their records were looked at, it would be seen that my children always had yearly check-ups, bi-annual dental visits, that my daughter doesn't have a cavity in her 12 year old head, and that my son who has poorly formed enamel has received extra visits to keep his teeth as healthy as possible.

1.)Can he just do this without discussing it with me for no reason?

socrateaser

>1.)Can he just do this without discussing it with me for no
>reason?
>
If, as you say, the children have visited the same health care providers for their entire life, then changing any of them, for no particular reason, could be argued a major decision requiring consent of both legal custodians.

Demand that the father provide you with evidence that the current providers cannot be reasonably accomodated by the existing insurance carrier, and if no proof is forthcoming, then file for contempt and a restraining order.

Most of this weighs heavily on the children's desires. If the kids don't really care about visiting a different doctor, then you're probably wasting your time.

:)

I cry_ in_the_dark

My son...I don't know as if he'd much care.

My 12 year old daughter is totally against changing doctors, or dentist even. To do that to her, would be downright mean if you ask me.