Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 10:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recording phone calls

Started by AggieMom, Apr 30, 2004, 11:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AggieMom

Howdy Soc!

State: Texas

My DH and I have been speculating for some time that our SD's bio mom and grandparents have been pumping SD (age 5) with false information / out right lies concerning court proceedings and us.  We have also seen more signs of PAS since we were all served our papers stating our final court date for conservatorship.

DH is temporary sole conservator since April 03,

GP's and MOM listed as Temp Poss. Conser.

Order states: Temp Poss Visitation refers to GP's only but does not state that mom can not be around when GP's have visitation- confusing I know.  

Child has been in therapy on and off since summer of 03 because she is being seen though a child counseling center for victim's of a crime for free and they only allow so many visits.  Last week the therapist thinks that SD is regressing, having problems resulting from PAS, and she feels is acting out from all the confusion.  Therapist ordered a psychological evaluation to determine PAS.  Scheduled a couple of weeks away - earliest she can be seen by DR.  

Phone call Wed. afternoon was horrible for SD, I turned the volume up all the way and heard obvious PAS going on.  GP's and Mom know she calls from a cell and I guess thought I could not monitor it.  

1. What are the legalities in recording a conversation between a child and their other family to prove PAS?

2. Are those tapes admissible in court?

Thanks for all you do to help us all out!
                   AggieMom
(patton has also briefed you on this case previuosly)  

socrateaser

go to://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html for taping info. if you still have questions, let me know.