Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do something or ignore it?

Started by crayiii, Jun 22, 2005, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrateaser

>Do I have to go to the court in person or can I file them by
>mail?

Well, if you believe that this requires emergency attention, then you need to go to the court. Otherwise, you can do it by mail, but this order, once signed by the judge and filled in with a hearing date, must be personally served on the boyfriend, i.e., by the sheriff or process server or some other disinterested adult third party.

crayiii

Okay, so I can fill in the section that states the order should be entered after a hearing instead of an emergency then I don't have to be there in person.

Once I finish my reason for the request can I post it here (removing identifying info) for your review?

socrateaser

>Okay, so I can fill in the section that states the order
>should be entered after a hearing instead of an emergency then
>I don't have to be there in person.
>
>Once I finish my reason for the request can I post it here
>(removing identifying info) for your review?

Email to me [email protected] and post here that you sent it, cause I rarely check that email address.

crayiii

socrateaser

I don't have time to revise the document today, however I read it and I believe that it is a big mistake for you to discuss anything other than this recent issue with the boyfriend coming into a mediation room and frustrating your negotiations by making unilateral decisions in a matter with which he is only peripherally involved. The court will favor your dispassionate request to resolve the issues through settlement and to eliminate any distractions. The court will be highly annoyed if you use the order as a launching pad for your general irritation re the dissolution.

You want to appear to have nothing in mind other than the swift and equitable resolution of the case and your child's best interests.

So, with that in mind, please get rid of all material not directly related to boyfriend's immediate interference in your negotiations at the courthouse.

crayiii

Can I ask Oregon for the protective order instead of Washington?

socrateaser

>Can I ask Oregon for the protective order instead of
>Washington?

No. The boyfriend doesn't live in Oregon, and your altercation with him was in Washington. Oregon has no jurisdiction.

crayiii

I'm not going to do any of this!  I don't anymore heart burn...

socrateaser