Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I need help!

Started by Austinsdad, Oct 11, 2004, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austinsdad

I am in the process  (a long and expensive process)  of trying to
gain custody of my 15 year old son, Austin.  My ex of 12 years is
doing everything in her power to make my son's life a living hell!
After my visitations, (every-other week-end) he is forced to endure
"cleansing" at the hands of her Pentacostal brethren wherein my son
is forced to the alter and surrounded by chanting, tongue-talking
lunatics!  And that's not nearly all of it.  Does anyone know of a
possibility of such a thing as an "emergency" change of custody.  
I've got to get him out of that house, and the lawyer I spoke with
told me it could take 6-9 months.  HELP!

Kitty C.

Do you live close to your ex?  And I mean within the same town or area?  And how anxious is he to get out of his mom's house?  Because if he's 'determined', he can 'vote with his feet'.  At his age, and given what he's going thru, I don't think there's a judge who would rule against him.

What I'm talking about is him coming to your home on his own......NOT on your parenting time.  I'm sure that your ex would call the cops.......and it would be appropriate that you would give him back......but eventually (if it happens often enough) the cops will get tired of it and tell her to take it up with the courts.

Once it reaches the judge, your son is at the age where the judge would at least hear him out. And it's 'rare' that a judge would rule against a determined teen.  Yes, this will take time, but it takes faith and determination, on both you and your son.

Now understand that I am a Christian, and I believe that every faith denomination has a place in this world.  But I do NOT condone force-feeding religion on ANYONE, especially a child.  My own son is about 2 years post-confirmation age..and has had no desire to join the church until now.  I would only occasionally ask him what his feelings were on it, but it's HIS decision to make....as my parents allowed me to do.

And if you are also a person of faith, I strongly recommend talking to your pastor or priest, also.  They can be a great source of strength in times like this.  

And keep coming back here!  You will also find this place a great source of strength as well, and a wealth of information, too!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......