Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 10:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Have I screwed the pooch?

Started by maniacal, Mar 17, 2006, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maniacal

(censord by soc to protect the poster's rights)

1) Should I hold out until laws change in July and not pay her the extra, gambling that she might have trouble proving my income and then she'll never get it because the laws changed?

2) How can my calls to her that were recorded possibly be used against me? I regret making those comments now, but can't change the facts.

3)  I am worried because I have refused to pay the additional support that is not spelled in dollars, because I dont think I should have to and I don't think it can be enforced. How likely is it she can enforce that child support that is extra? Would she have to take me to court to do it?

Thanks for your time. I tried to stick to the guidelines but still give pertinent facts.

socrateaser

>(censord by soc to protect the poster's rights)
>
>1) Should I hold out until laws change in July and not pay her
>the extra, gambling that she might have trouble proving my
>income and then she'll never get it because the laws changed?

An original CS order can be modified retroactively depending upon state law. I don't know GA specifics in this area, but the point is that you will owe what you will owe, regardless of whether or not you are able to stall the proceedings until the law is changed.

>2) How can my calls to her that were recorded possibly be used
>against me? I regret making those comments now, but can't
>change the facts.

I cannot discuss this in an open forum. I STRONGLY suggest that you contact a local attorney.

>3)  I am worried because I have refused to pay the additional
>support that is not spelled in dollars, because I dont think I
>should have to and I don't think it can be enforced. How
>likely is it she can enforce that child support that is extra?
>Would she have to take me to court to do it?

You are worrying about the wrong thing. Take your facts and discuss them with a local attorney, immediately.