Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Job loss and CS order modification

Started by 4honor, Jun 27, 2006, 08:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

State is WA and all parties reside in state, though in 2 separate counties.
Order is in BM's county. BM is CP. I am NCP. I have one 15 year old son affected under CS and PP orders.

CS order is from October 2002
Parenting plan is from October 1994 with a "temporary order" addendum in November 2001.

I lost my job today. I have a CS order that gives a deviation from guideline for my other 2 children. The support transfer payment is $300 a month currently (a $85 a month doward deviation for a teenager).

I was fired from my job for breaking a machine (to the tune of $18K) because I failed to notice a warning light and the machine failed to shut down -- as it was designed to do. I have filed for unemployment, but am unsure whether I will be given it without a fight.

My son was tried and convicted of raping his half brothers (my sons with my current wife) and there is a no contact order in place. I must have all visitation with my 15 year old son elsewhere, or only bring him to my home when my wife visits her father in Oregon for the weekend with the younger boys. My parents will help with only one visit per month.

This circumstance has increased my visitation costs exponentially from what they were. To be economical I have been taking my son camping but the weather will not always permit. Further, there are considerable limits on my son (sometimes his behavior is such that his probation officer refuses to let DS go camping and thus I am left with no viable lodging for us during visitation.) I have tried using a motel for the overnights but the budget was strained before -- now it is impossible.

The loss of job is a change in circumstances -- though I do not need one, as it has been 24+ months since the last order.

In order to deviate from guidelines based on the circumstances, I must file a petition to modify rather than a motion to adjust (more streamlined).

QUESTIONS:

1) I think I have an attorney on this case (last call was in December of 2004). Must I use my attorney of record (paying her will be impossible)?

2) If I must get her to withdraw, what must I send her?

3) If Bm agrees to the order without objection should I look for flying swine and subzero temperatures in Hades?
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

socrateaser

>State is WA and all parties reside in state, though in 2
>separate counties.
>Order is in BM's county. BM is CP. I am NCP. I have one 15
>year old son affected under CS and PP orders.
>
>CS order is from October 2002
>Parenting plan is from October 1994 with a "temporary order"
>addendum in November 2001.
>
>I lost my job today. I have a CS order that gives a deviation
>from guideline for my other 2 children. The support transfer
>payment is $300 a month currently (a $85 a month doward
>deviation for a teenager).
>
>I was fired from my job for breaking a machine (to the tune of
>$18K) because I failed to notice a warning light and the
>machine failed to shut down -- as it was designed to do. I
>have filed for unemployment, but am unsure whether I will be
>given it without a fight.
>
>My son was tried and convicted of raping his half brothers (my
>sons with my current wife) and there is a no contact order in
>place. I must have all visitation with my 15 year old son
>elsewhere, or only bring him to my home when my wife visits
>her father in Oregon for the weekend with the younger boys. My
>parents will help with only one visit per month.
>
>This circumstance has increased my visitation costs
>exponentially from what they were. To be economical I have
>been taking my son camping but the weather will not always
>permit. Further, there are considerable limits on my son
>(sometimes his behavior is such that his probation officer
>refuses to let DS go camping and thus I am left with no viable
>lodging for us during visitation.) I have tried using a motel
>for the overnights but the budget was strained before -- now
>it is impossible.
>
>The loss of job is a change in circumstances -- though I do
>not need one, as it has been 24+ months since the last order.
>
>
>In order to deviate from guidelines based on the
>circumstances, I must file a petition to modify rather than a
>motion to adjust (more streamlined).
>
>QUESTIONS:
>
>1) I think I have an attorney on this case (last call was in
>December of 2004). Must I use my attorney of record (paying
>her will be impossible)?

There's probably a WA form for a motion to substitute attorney -- only you will be the new attorney -- pro se.

>
>2) If I must get her to withdraw, what must I send her?

If you discharge her, then technically she is supposed to file a withdrawal. But, she won't, because attorneys never do, until forced to do do it -- there's no money in filing.

>3) If Bm agrees to the order without objection should I look
>for flying swine and subzero temperatures in Hades?

The downward mod? LOL! Everyone is presumed to be able to earn minimum wage, 40 hrs. per week. You will never get a lower order than guideline based on that presumption, unless your certified disabled by a physician or psychiatrist.