Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 y/o boy shoots father

Started by parentalalienation, Nov 02, 2004, 08:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parentalalienation

I wanted to spread the word about Dr. Lohstroh who was shot in the back by his 10 year old son while picking up his children from his ex-wife's house in Katy, TX. on August 27th, 2004.

There was a very contentious divorce and the mother was alienating the child from his father. She told the child his father never wanted to have him, didn't love him, and if left to his father he would be in foster care. Dr. Lohstroh's ex-wife interfered with his physical and verbal (phone) visitation, would not allow the children to even smile at their father in her presence, and told them they needed to start calling her new husband "dad" and their father by his real name, Rick.

When I began to hear about the mother's efforts to alienate this child from his father I thought she was just a mean woman and the child would grow to really  understand the situation, but I was wrong, very very wrong. Parental Alieantion Syndrome (PAS) does not go away on it's own and if left untreated can have devestating effects on both the alienated parent and the child.

If you or anyone you know is experiencing difficulties with their ex-wife, or in some cases ex-husband, I urge you to read about the case of Dr. Rick Lohstroh and educate yourself and others about the dangerous effects of PAS. It is not just an uncooperative ex-spouse.

Please read about the case of Dr. Rick Lohstroh on //www.hisside.com and //www.helpstoppas.com and educate yourself on PAS. Dr. Richard Gardner has pioneered the research into PAS and has written numerous articles that are easily found on the web.

Do not let yourself be put in the position of Rick Lohstroh, or in my position as a friend that did nothing until it was too late. Don't let his death be in vain.

MYSONSDAD

Thank you for the post. Many here are already very supportive of 'His Side' and Dr. Reena. Dr. Reena had been a part of this site and is still very helpful to many here.

Glad you found your way to Sparc. Even with you not being a parent and looking for support in that area, your friendship and devotion to Dr. Lohstroh are self evident. PAS is very real. This 10 year old boy is the true victim.  So unfair.  

Losing a friend is both devastating and heart wrenching as losing a family member. And we will all be waiting for further information on this case.  

"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

http://www.rgardner.com/refs/pas_legalcites.html

http://www.breakthroughparenting.com/PAS.htm

This one is jammed packed with very good articles...
http://www.childcustodycoach.com/pas.html

"Children learn what they live"

Louisiana

Did you know Dr. Lohstroh personally?  When the news reported his child shooting him in the driveway, I knew it was PAS.  We have lived it.  My husband was almost hit when his daughter was driving the car he pays for and insures.  I have been very afraid for him at times.  
Will they figure out this is PAS and change the laws as a result of this fathers death?  We don't hear anything about the case anymore, even on the helpstoppas site.
His death should not be a waste.  His children should get the help they need.

parentalalienation

The case is basically on hold until the matter of representing counsel is settled. The Greene's, Rick's mother and step-father and current custodians of his sone, have asked that Tritico be replaced. Since Chris Tritico was hired by Deborah Geisler he has chosen not to look at her possible involvement in the murder, despite expert psychologist opinions that she had manipulated her 10 year old son into killing his father.

Anthony Griffin filed a motion for substitution of counsel, but it was denied. The motion is now on appeal. The case will not move forward until the appeal is decided.

kiddosmom

That (and i type is barely) woman, needs to be brought up on charges of conspiracy to commit murder.