Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 08:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GAL question as well...

Started by dipper, Nov 15, 2006, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Soc,

Case in VA.  Father became NCP five months ago.  BM has three weekends visitation per month.  BM has done things that have 15 year old son very upset with her.  She causes scenes at appts or makes allegations.  Counselor (of five months) for son says mother is source of son's issues.  

GAL was involved in custody reversal.  GAL was to be instrumental in making sure counseling is taking place as this was court appointed.  GAL has not made any contacts since custody reversal.  

I truly believe that if we go forward to court over various issues, that it would be in my son's best interest to have someone protecting his interests...

AS the GAL was appointed to oversee the counseling as well as parents taking a parenting course, is he still considered active on this case though he has done nothing?

How would I request for the same/or different GAL (any) should we take
some of these issues to court?

Would this request be considered at a hearing?

socrateaser

>AS the GAL was appointed to oversee the counseling as well as
>parents taking a parenting course, is he still considered
>active on this case though he has done nothing?

Yes, unless the GAL has submitted a motion to withdraw, and the court has granted it (or, the court's discharged the GAL for some other reason)-- or a final order has been entered in the matter.

>How would I request for the same/or different GAL (any) should
>we take some of these issues to court?

You just ask the court in writing or at a hearing to appoint the same GAL and argue that it's in the child's best interests to do so.

>Would this request be considered at a hearing?

Yep.

dipper

Soc,

Case in VA.  Father became NCP five months ago.  BM has three weekends visitation per month.  BM has done things that have 15 year old son very upset with her.  She causes scenes at appts or makes allegations.  Counselor (of five months) for son says mother is source of son's issues.  

GAL was involved in custody reversal.  GAL was to be instrumental in making sure counseling is taking place as this was court appointed.  GAL has not made any contacts since custody reversal.  

I truly believe that if we go forward to court over various issues, that it would be in my son's best interest to have someone protecting his interests...

AS the GAL was appointed to oversee the counseling as well as parents taking a parenting course, is he still considered active on this case though he has done nothing?

How would I request for the same/or different GAL (any) should we take
some of these issues to court?

Would this request be considered at a hearing?

socrateaser

>AS the GAL was appointed to oversee the counseling as well as
>parents taking a parenting course, is he still considered
>active on this case though he has done nothing?

Yes, unless the GAL has submitted a motion to withdraw, and the court has granted it (or, the court's discharged the GAL for some other reason)-- or a final order has been entered in the matter.

>How would I request for the same/or different GAL (any) should
>we take some of these issues to court?

You just ask the court in writing or at a hearing to appoint the same GAL and argue that it's in the child's best interests to do so.

>Would this request be considered at a hearing?

Yep.