Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Recent Posts

Pages: 12 3 ... 10
12 Relationship Red Flags You've Been Overlooking All This Time
22 February 2018, 11:01 am

Start paying attention.

Source: Divorce

What To Do If You Think Your Friend Is About To Marry The Wrong Person
21 February 2018, 8:01 am

"Make it clear that you are there to listen and be supportive."

Source: Divorce

8 Signs A Marriage Won't Last, According To Wedding Photographers
19 February 2018, 8:00 am

Wedding photographers have seen it all.

Source: Divorce

Should The 'Other Woman' Ever Tell A Wife That Her Husband Is Cheating?
15 February 2018, 2:57 pm

Experts weigh in on what the other woman -- or man -- should do.

Source: Divorce

Divorce News / 23 Tweets About Single Life That Are All Too Real
« Last post by News Hound on Feb 14, 2018, 05:00:03 AM »
23 Tweets About Single Life That Are All Too Real
14 February 2018, 4:47 am

"Sometimes I call Comcast and add sports channels just so I can pretend to have a boyfriend."

Source: Divorce

Divorce Parties: Inside The Trend That Makes Ending A Marriage Look Fun
8 February 2018, 2:06 pm

After all the effort that people put into their wedding day, the day they formalize their divorce can often feel empty and

Source: Divorce

Thank you all - Tigger, Mixed Bag & Ocean! Good ideas.
This Is Why Your Wife Is Stressed Out (Spoiler Alert: It Might Be You)
7 February 2018, 5:58 pm

It's called emotional labor — here's what you can do to help.

Source: Divorce

Here's What Sex Therapists Want Couples In Sexless Marriages To Know
5 February 2018, 3:21 pm

Sex starved? Read this.

Source: Divorce

Also, ask for court ordered counseling with you and the kids if it is really bad. This will get them in a room with you at least and a person who can steer the direction and get them talking without mom interrupting.
As far as finding a lawyer, go to family court and sit and watch in waiting room. Some courts are even open (by law as long as you are not going to testify you can be in the room too but many dont have chairs or set up to handle it). Watch and see who is good with other clients. You can also call a few lawyers and have a free or small fee first meeting and interview them. If you interview them, your ex can never use them, tactic some use.

DO you have a court date already? If not, you can file yourself too at family court for visitation only (Before you file for divorce as divorce may take years......). Family court will be cheaper and then you can take that order and merge it into the divorce later. This will get your ex out of the visitation conversation if there is a set schedule when to see them. Also email or text your ex once or twice a week asking "I miss the kids and they need both their parents in their life,  when can you meet me to see them, maybe at the library or mcdonald for an hour? Let me know which day would be good." This gives you documentation to show you are trying with your ex. If the kids are old enough to have cell phones or social media...text them "dad love you, call anytime"  " how was school, just checking on you, love dad".  You can send them things in the mail, or drop off if ex allows....Valentines day package ?   If ex answers meanly, ignore, screen shot it, save messages.
Good luck!
Pages: 12 3 ... 10
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.