Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 05:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Best interest of the children"

Started by tgastte, Oct 15, 2009, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgastte

Quote from: Kitty C. on Oct 19, 2009, 01:38:31 PM
Pray you go before this judge for any future court appearances!  I'm sure he'll remember it and it will look bad on her.

Good job of staying on top of things and finding out about the TRO.  Would have loved to see her face when she saw you walk in, since she expected to get one over on you and you caught her red-handed!
we had the same judge from the very beginning..so hopefully the judge will remember this situation...she even wrote down on her declaration that I beat her up, slaps her around and force her to have sex with me 5 years ago...my question is, if that was the case why didnt you file for domestic violence and restraining order 5 years ago...i didnt even did those false accusations everytime we're fighting i just walk away...what can i do with all this false accusations for the mean time till our court date on dec 11th and custody mediation on nov 20th?

Kitty C.

Nothing, except to cut her off at the pass everytime she files.  Which is why you still have to be diligent in knowing what's going on in court.  I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves'?  Well, that's exactly what she's doing and the more she does it, the tighter the noose gets.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tgastte

Quote from: Kitty C. on Oct 19, 2009, 02:17:28 PM
Nothing, except to cut her off at the pass everytime she files.  Which is why you still have to be diligent in knowing what's going on in court.  I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves'?  Well, that's exactly what she's doing and the more she does it, the tighter the noose gets.......
I hear yeah....like what i said its been 5 months after the first order she only saw the kids twice for 5 hours per visit...she doesnt even care about them all she cares about is the temporary support that she getting..hopefully the mediator and the judge will see this point..FYI: both kids has cellphone and she can call them anytime...yup she does call them to make plans with them on sundays but sunday comes NO CALL, NO SHOW..its just pissing me off that the kids are waiting for her and cant make any other plans and she always breaking our kids heart for 4 years...now both the kids doesnt even wanna see her, be with her...hopefully my next mediation has a better outcome and my trial too...

MixedBag

hate to say this, but the BEST thing is to get to know your state's code.

when she failed to get that domestic violence/TRO by the judge, that can/may actually be used against her down the road.

in WV the code addresses false reports....

tgastte

Quote from: MixedBag on Oct 20, 2009, 08:07:14 AM
hate to say this, but the BEST thing is to get to know your state's code.

when she failed to get that domestic violence/TRO by the judge, that can/may actually be used against her down the road.

in WV the code addresses false reports....
all im hoping is what she filed and got denied will haunt her down in our custody battle... all i want now is to get this thing done and get a sole physical custody of my kids and i dont want her to disrupt what the kids got used to in the last four years theyre staying with me, since she left them to me 4 yrs ago and i solely raised them...

MrCustodyCoach

Very often, status-quo is given a great deal of consideration when it comes to matters such as these and having a 4-year parenting plan in place is a huge advantage for you.

However, with the family court system heavily tilted in favor of mothers, be prepared very well in advance, because "mom" very often trumps everything else in family court.  Don't go in as a father as though your continued arrangement is a foregone conclusion.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.

tgastte

Quote from: MrCustodyCoach on Oct 20, 2009, 05:53:24 PM
Very often, status-quo is given a great deal of consideration when it comes to matters such as these and having a 4-year parenting plan in place is a huge advantage for you.

However, with the family court system heavily tilted in favor of mothers, be prepared very well in advance, because "mom" very often trumps everything else in family court.  Don't go in as a father as though your continued arrangement is a foregone conclusion.
i just hope the mediator and the judge look at my case right..and i think the mediator or the judge will going to talk to the kids they're 13 and 11..once they talked to the kids thats it!!! all they need to do is tell the truth that i took care of them for 4 yrs, she never ever go to the kids school for conference and PTA meetings, I always do even on the kids other extra curricular activities like sports..im just hoping to get the best result from this which is "SOLE PHYSICAL CUSTODY" and visitation on her part without overnights, coz she doesnt have a permanent place to stay she's sharing a studio apartment with her BF, her new born child and another person, I dont even know the background of all those people I dont want my teenage daughter and my son to be sleeping everywhere...thank you..keep the suggestions and comments coming

MixedBag

As a mediator, I wouldn't talk to the kids.

And even with my personal experience during this last go around....be careful with that.

Again, look into your states codes and see what it says about when a parent has filed a false domestic relations report and how that plays into things.  Be ready to QUOTE it and know that it exists.

tgastte

I just read the documents she filed for TRO and DV, shes claiming that Im harrassing her, hurt her physically when we're together 4 yrs ago...I never hurt her physically and harrass her..and no police report..is this gonna have an affect on my custody case? and when she filed it she wants to be protected, her BF, her infant, her BF ex wife and her BF kid and the most craziest thing i saw is tho have our kid protected against me which thet live with me for the last 4yrs...on our last OSC the judge ordered to go for another mediation and it says in there to have the kids available at all time for the evaluator to talk to them...im assuming that they'regoing to talk to the kids..when i went to the mediation orientation they said that my kids are old enough to speak or voice out their custodial preferences..if that's the case, my kids saw what happened to us when she took off 4 yrs ago, i provided for them in all aspects without her help...

ocean

The whole TRO was denied? She cant ask for the whole family to be under HER TRO....LOL...