Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My ex wants more visitation and/or sole custody.

Started by lisbeth, Aug 10, 2004, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

People, read all lisbeths posts,, methinks you got bit by a troll.

wendl

Come on--you don't get to pick where you are stationed at  if the military says your going to xx place then that is where you are going PERIOD.

You will loose that child if you continue to deny the father his court ordered visitation, that is contempt and legally the courts if they don't reverse custody to him could require that all those days you denied him be made up.

Its not confusing to a child to have to go to his mother/fathers mid week, my neighbor is a custodial dad, basically they have 50/50 for the past 8 yrs their son goes to moms Wed at 6pm and returns to dad Sunday at 6pm, then dad gets child from sunday thru the next Wed etc.

Their son knows it as a routine, just takes time and you need to help your child with the transition.

Suggestion if mid weeks are not good for both of you why not do true 50/50 say mom gets daughter Sunday6pm-Sunday at 6pm then next week dad does, this way the're wouldn't be interuptions during the week, the child could reside with EACH parent for one week including weekends.

As for neglect, if you wouldnt use what the DR prescribed, why did you waste your money going to the DR if you thought you could cure it without antibiotics?? I am not one for giving my child more meds than he needs, in reality my son usually only sees his Dr once a year for a physical and the neuro 2x a year to monitor his blood etc.

I would suggest getting your act straightend out and work with  dad or  you would loose what you have and be reduced to a (visitor) every other weekend mom liek most men are now.

wendl

"Second, if my ex really cared about my daughter he wouldn't have move half way across the country when she was 3 years old"

>>>he had an obligation to the military he wasn't HIS choice to be station where they stationed him ITS the MILITARIES choice>>>>

"I feel like he abandoned her and didn't try hard enough to get the military to let him stay here. "

>>>That is your belief, you cannot change the mind of the military ITS their way PERIOD>>>

"If he really loved my daughter then he wouldn't have started this modification. He would just leave us alone"

>>>If he DIDN't care he would let it slide, but he DOES.>>>

"I am here for her 24 hours a day. He is not here. He chose that for himself."

>>>If you are their 24hrs a day I take it you don't work, how do you support your duaghter or are you living off your childs child support>>>>

"I'm the one that takes her to school and makes sure she does her homework"

>>>What do you want a brownie button, I work fulltime and still find time to help my son with homework, baseball etc"

"If I let him visit her during the week he wonld not make she she did her homework"

>>>If you LET him visit, he is court orded visitation its NOT UP TO YOU.  What dad can't help her do her homework that is a bunch fo BS>>>
 I am only looking out for my dd's education. Which by the way he doesn't seem too concerned with."

>>Then let her grow as an individual, let dad help out, and in your 1st post you say your showed your daughter the modification paperwork SHAME ON YOU, now if you ex knew where this site was he could print that out and use it AGAINST you in court as children ARE NOT suppose to be talked to about ADULT issues.>>>>

"
**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

janM

That was my first impression too. All the stuff that would make us cringe...

kitten

If we did get bit by a troll, shame on the person who thinks it's funny.  Shame on the person who thinks the real life tragedy of children being taken away from their fathers is something to joke about!

joni

Lady, or whoever you are, you are a sicko.  I hope you got off on posting here.  Now crawl back into the hole that you came from.

Remember, what goes around, comes around.  You get off on torturing the people on this board with your lies.

One day, this mockery of yours, will come back to bite you in the a$$.

SLYarnell

it took ALL those posts for someone to call her a troll...*L*  About two is all it should have taken!

Kitty C.

'Wait a minute........... You know, I'm almost getting the impression that this is a troll, because EVERYTHING you describe that you've done is EXACTLY the opposite of what you should be doing..........IF you cared for your child.'

Unfortunately, POS's like her get too easily under my skin...........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

katz

I didnt read all the responces, but the ones I read didnt point out something.

The courts lean towards giving custody to the parent that will help foster the other parent child relationship. From your post you have failed miserably thus far at fostering their relationship. With the added investigation, and contempt of court you are already facing, you have a significant chance of losing custody of your child. IMO

You should read the "my experience" post, I recently replied to another poster. The CO is not the be all end all, if the NCP wants more time, it should be allowed no matter what the CO (none in my dh's situation) says. The child is important, how many children do we hear about who when they become adults seek out their biological parent? Weather it was an adoption issue, or a divorce issue, does NOT matter. What matters is most kids want a relationship with their biological parents at some point in time (when it will be out of your control!), why allow a gap when it isnt desired or necessary?

jilly

You're full of sh*t.  You're husband has no control over what the military makes him do or where he lives. When you sign up with Uncle Sam they own your a$$ until they tell you otherwise.
You're attorney is giving you good advice. You are in violation of the court ordered visitation and you are not looking out for the welfare of your daughter. She very well could have gotten a much worse infection than what she had. The doctor was within his rights to call children's services on you. If you daughter hasn't had to take alot of antibiotics then giving it to her for a skin infection is not going to build up an immunity to it. For your DD's sake I hope your husband gets custody of her. You obviously live on a different planet.