Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hummm....

Started by olanna, Jan 18, 2005, 10:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olanna

http://www.spiritofnow.com/cellular_memory.htm

What next?

Cosette

OMG...that explains everything that's gone/been wrong in my life. It's not about any bad choices I made myself. Whew, you have no idea, ola, what a relief this is off my mind. At last there's a place I can lay blame other than onto myself. Happy Day!!

MafiaMom

Okay, let's take "blame" to a whole 'nuther level...
Love me without fear-Need me without demanding-Trust me without question-Want me without restrictions-Accept me without change. Find my soul and I'm yours 4ever

olanna

now I know why I chose bad mates!  I was supposed to do it because my cellular memory wanted me to do it....and I can blame everything on my ancestors now...

Whew...for a minute there I, too, thought I had to take personal responsiblity for all the f'ups in my life...

You just don't know how relieved I feel.

olanna

so long as I can blame someone else...

who would have thought that all this time, it's just our cells remembering things we can't?

Brent

What a fabulous load of utter horseshit. Anyone stupid enough to believe in that crap is, by definition, retarded.  In my opinion, anyone stupid enough to believe in nonsense like that shouldn't be allowed to drive or vote, because both those activities require a minimal level of intelligence.

For eample, listen to this bit of *cough* "wisdom":

5-What does science say:

'Energy is neither gained nor lost, but changes form.'-One of the most prophetic scientific statements of our time.

'Everything is made of energy.'-A statement agreeable to almost every scientist alive.

If these two widely known statements are true then:

- Events are energy, they are the interaction of 2 or more energies.

- Memories are energy, they are energetic imprints of events, as if an energetic snapshot.

That ridculous brain-dead "reasoning" is no different than this ridculous brain-dead "reasoning":

- The light in my refrigerator comes on when I open it
- I never see Elvis in my refrigerator.

THEREFORE, Elvis runs and hides whenever the light in my refrigerator comes on.

And some more:

"Cellular memory is a Divine Database containing the keys to the Universe, God, Love, Yourself, etc."

Geeeez, let's hope they have a good password on that database. I'd hate for hackers to get in there and mess up the universe or delete the file that has "love" in it. And let's hope god keeps backups, just in case., lol.

This just *proves* that there is no limit to how stupid a person can be and what infantile garbage some people can be convinced to believe in.

Lol, thanks Olanna!

olanna

and yes, I agree with you completely.  But isn't it a great way to say we aren't responsible for anything we feel or do???? Our cells made us do it.

cathy

There was someone on one of the other boards that very recently posted about following this and how much it had helped them.  

While it may not be the answer for everyone, I would respectfully suggest that we show a little more respect for others - at least until we have all the answers ourselves.

(Personally, I don't find this to be something I could embrace - anymore than I can accept a baby born of a virgin or conceived by a white elephant entering a woman's womb.  But I certainly don't think that all christians and buddhist are ignorant, stupid and deserving on utter contempt)

Brent

>While it may not be the answer for everyone, I would
>respectfully suggest that we show a little more respect for
>others - at least until we have all the answers ourselves.

No offense cathy, but I can't be respectful of things that are utter crap.

The person you spoke of has the right to believe in whatever ridiculous baloney she wants to, but please don't ask me to be respectful of things that are provably false. He doesn't have the right to expect that I'll respect his belief.

Really- are we supposed to accept any kind of foolishness and then legitimize it by "respecting" it?

If someone believes in Batman, should I be respectful of their belief? How about if they believe Hitler was a "great leader" and a "good person", should I respect that belief? Sorry, but that's denying reality. I won't do it. Same thing with "cellular memory". It's crap. It's NOT TRUE, and I won't pretend to respect it. If someone can't defend their beliefs and needs others to "respect" their crazy ideas, they're out of luck, I won't go along with it.

It's not my fault if they believe in something that's so stupid as to be undefendable.

>
>  But I
>certainly don't think that all christians and buddhist are
>ignorant, stupid and deserving on utter contempt)

When a person believe in something that cannot possibly be true, please don't expect anyone else to go along with their delusions. Sorry, but I'm calling like I see it, and believing in "cellular memory" is just plain idiotic. I can't be respectful of something I know to be a lie.

cathy

By respect, I don't mean you have to give credence or agree.  You can respectfully state that you do not believe in something.  You can even respectfully say that you don't understand how anyone can.  Nothing is gain by putting someone down for holding different beliefs than you.

Do you believe in any particular religion?  Do you think others that aren't of that religion are stupid?  Do you think their beliefs are "undefendable"?  That their ideas are crazy and you have no respect for them?

For you, "cellular memory" may be crap and "NOT TRUE".  To some, it may hold truth and may help them.  Where's the harm?

And that is the big difference in the examples you gave - this does not harm anyone.  For some, it seems to help.  So why the extreme intolerance?

None of us have all the answers.  None of us know what is "the truth" and what isn't.  I just think a little tolerance for others would go a long way in helping.