Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Forthelittleones

Is there a law library at the county court house?

Is your case in Juvenile court or in Domestic Relations?
Not in OH.  This happened to us a couple of years ago.

They will apply it to any arreages you owe and then they will refund the rest to you.    CSEA procedure is just this and if you call your caseworker they will alert you when the money is released to your account.  Then Columbus will send you a check.

What county are you in?
Child Support Issues / RE: Denied court hearing
Aug 28, 2005, 07:35:24 AM
Also, he should be able to object to the amount set by CSEA and then they will take him to court to get it set.  this is where he can present his evidence.
DH has had physical custody.

It took a year cause her attorney was to right the order and could never get it right.  Finally our attorney wrote it and the GAL signed it.  We sent it to CSEA.

CSEA knew to expect an order as they stiopped DH paying mom when he got custody.

I would guess it is effective the date of the order.

CSEA called our attorney as they could not beleive that DH was to get support from Mom.  Then they sent us a nice letter, not a form letter, that they needed current information inorder to get support for last year.

Funny thing is they have the information from last year as they did a review 3 days before DH got custody.  We are in OH.  I cant understand why they cant just use that information.

CS is reviewed every 3 years.  Moms income was set at min.  There was no set amount for DH as the order was going to be filed within 10 days (yeah, right).

Child Support Issues / Sept 13th 2004 CSEA Order
Aug 06, 2005, 07:21:13 AM
Ok. So last year Dh was given custody of SS.  Ruling was just file stamped this past month.

CSEA contacted DH and said - We need your current information inorder to determine support for last year?

How can they use 2005's information for a CS order for 2004?  

CSEA when mom was custodial did a review in Sept 2004 for an increase for her.  Why cant they use that paperwork?
Child Support Issues / RE: ON the other side...
Jul 15, 2005, 08:32:29 PM
We avoided this happening.  DH walked right down to CSEA and told them to stop it.  They refused to talk with DH unless I wasnt with him.  He and I refused to leave the other as we were exhausted from the whole change in custody.

CSEA was an absolute evil place to deal with.  It was awful but we got our point across and no more money was given to the wench.

Now, we have not collected any but oh well....
Child Support Issues / RE: Arrears & Tax Refund?
Feb 13, 2005, 04:21:56 PM
In OH, you have to be two payments behind before they will issue a levy on your income tax.  You would need to call TN and talk to your caseworker to see what their policy is.

Child Support Issues / RE: Nope
Oct 13, 2004, 09:30:49 AM
If it is through Garnishment, then you will be able to obtain his address.

If you do not currently have his address, then you will need to file for a termination and stepparent adoption.  They will then serve him.  He has two choices, sign the paperwork to allow the adoption OR fight it.

If he fights it, the Judge will order reunification visits, etc and will not terminate his rights if he doesn't want them terminated absent some serious other issue - and not seeing his child does not qualify as a serious act.

Good luck
Child Support Issues / Nope
Oct 13, 2004, 08:04:51 AM
You will not be able to file for abandoment if the father has been paying CS.

Why has the child's father not contacted his son?
Is support paid through garnishment, through the state or personally to you?

Since the father has been providing support, you will have to get his approval for your husband to adopt your child.
Child Support Issues / RE: CS modification/review
Aug 29, 2004, 04:17:02 PM
CS is generally reviewed every 3 years.  

You can go to // and then to thier child support calculators to see where you would fair.

Why haven't you seen your child?


We are going through one right now.  had to provide 3 years of everything and the CS worker said we can't have a daycare costs since we are the NCP.  Daycare doesn't matter - it only matters for the Custodial parent.  How about them apples!

Good luck!