Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'll Pass on "Greetings" Like This

Started by NoNicky, Mar 09, 2005, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

123Greetings has a disgusting card for "Women's Day" on their website.  Please take the time to send them a message about this horrible card and its promotion of violence against men.

To look at the card:

http://www37.123greetings.com/card/03/08/10/30/ZAM80308103032952.html

To send them a message:
http://associates.123greetings.com/contact.html

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

MYSONSDAD

That is pretty bad, so much for good judgement. I wonder who's idea that was...Let me guess 1, 2 ,3...I got it on the first.

Why is there a place to send Wayne Cook a card? Is this a direct attack on him?

Consider a letter sent....

c_alexander

Personally I think the people in the community has let this ignorant e-card distract them from what we are all suppose to be doing...and that is sad. There used to be a time when people would look at an e-card like this and take it for what it was, a humorous greeting card. We as a society have become far too busy with being offended by everyoneand allowing their common senseto fly out the window.

PLEASE people lets FOCUS on the REAL and IMPORTANT issues at hand. There are families out there that are being destroyed by the current family law system EVERYDAY. There are parents being turned into paychecks by a CORRUPT system. There is an entire generation of kids that are growing up in no fault divorce, child support grubbing, alienated parent environment....and you all are griping about an e-card? How exactly do you think this is going tohelp us all get our families back?

Sorry if I am a bit harsh here, but qafter getting off the phone with my ex wife trying to negotiate with her to see my own child even 35-40% of the time, and then getting online and seeing this...if you people are SERIOUS about actually changing the things we all whine about daily then we are going to all get on the same page. Protesting that idiotic e-card is not it. Protesting to Dick Clark productions or Dominos pizza in Michingan for being a part of the deadbeat dad hype...thats at least something.

Protesting, picketing, petitioning the government ...voting offical who are not for family law reform out of office, getting these laws changed for the betterment of all involved.....thats what we are suppose to be doing.

NoNicky

To be quite honest I didn't see the link to Wayne.  I get along fine with Wayne and for time sake copied and pasted the links from Krights group.  I'm a moderator for Ohio for Wayne's efforts so if you send him a greeting card... make it a nice one!  :P

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

NoNicky

I understand your point.  I sincerely do.  But if you've ever been that punching bag then you can not help but be sensitive to things like this.  I also believe as long as men are perceived in a bad light then the attitudes of judges and the public in general will not change.  Why should a joke be allowed an equal opportunity at parenting?  It's less about the actual card than it is about the attitude behind the card.

NoNicky

MYSONSDAD

When I clicked to view the card, it has a secondary send for Wayne Cook. I know Wayne is one of the good guys. Just thought this prank may have been set up with him on the receiving end.

Brent

>When did everyone become so sensitive?

I'll tell you when...when they made it a acceptable to show violence towards men as "humor". If it depicted a MAN hitting a WOMAN, well, the screaming would be heard round the world.

That's "since when".

>it was, a humorous greeting card. We as a society have become
>far too busy with being offended by everyoneand allowing their
>common senseto fly out the window.

Tell it to NOW, you're preaching to the choir here.

>environment....and you all are griping about an e-card? How
>exactly do you think this is going tohelp us all get our
>families back?

Yes, we're griping about an eCard, JUST LIKE N.O.W. would do if it depicted a man hitting a woman. No one claimed that griping about it will get your family back.

>seeing this...if you people are SERIOUS about actually
>changing the things we all whine about daily then we are going
>to all get on the same page.

THIS is one of the things we "whine" about, the public perception of men. I'm sorry you don't think this has any relevence to what happened to you, but it does- it's ALL part of the same big picture.

>Protesting, picketing, petitioning the government ...voting
>offical who are not for family law reform out of office,
>getting these laws changed for the betterment of all
>involved.....thats what we are suppose to be doing.

And many people are. But just because you don't consider something important doesn't mean that it isn't.

Again, I'm sorry that you cannot see how this is part of the whole issue.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself WHY there isn't a "funny" eCard showing a man hitting a woman? That's because violence by men against women is UNACCEPTABLE, but violence by women against men is "FUNNY". And you bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.

Do you get it now?

Brent

>I understand your point.  I sincerely do.  But if you've ever
>been that punching bag then you can not help but be sensitive
>to things like this.

Exactly.

>I also believe as long as men are
>perceived in a bad light then the attitudes of judges and the
>public in general will not change.

EXACTLY.

>Why should a joke be
>allowed an equal opportunity at parenting?  It's less about
>the actual card than it is about the attitude behind the
>card.

Again...."EXACTLY!". Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

c_alexander

I still think you all are over reacting. I have been the punching bag of my ex wife in more ways then you can imagine, however you want to know why such an e-card would be unacceptable if the woman were the punching bag? Because the women got SMART and got ORGANIZED and now they have 1 major national organization that fights for them on a daily basis.

What do we have?

I said it before I'll say it againt. Stop letting yourselves be distracted by this kind of fodder and FOCUS at the matters at hand...either that or get used to being the punching bags.

MYSONSDAD

I don't think so, give an inch, they take a mile.

It was very offensive and when we let things go, it will snowball.

It took 30 seconds to post my thoughts on this. And I did it politely, but to the point.

I think we all are aware of the "big picture", but letting things like this go on and on, is also "allowing it"

"enable"; to make able: provide with means, power, etc, to do nothing

"Children learn what they live"