Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1 in 25 Men Might Be Raising Another Man's Child....

Started by flewwellin, Aug 12, 2005, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flewwellin

I just received this as an email that I regularly get and thought it was worth sharing. The link is provided below.

http://ancpr.com/blog/archives/13

Brent

It's likely much higher than that. Many of the stats I've seen run in the 10% range.

Sherry1

around and this child does not resemble the other 2 kids or DH in any way shape or form.  This child is very highly emotionally disturbed and will likely institutionalized within the next year.  BM also has a sick attraction with him.  This child slept with BM in same bed until he was 12 years old.

4honor

"The American Medical Association found through screening families of children awaiting organ transplants that 20% of the fathers (in supposedly stable monogamous marriages) are not the biological father. This is a cross section of the population, and is very reliable."

One in five is duped.

Makes you want to get all your kids DNA tested just in case.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

wendl

Personally I think every child born should have DNA testing at birth, regardless if you are in a marriage or not, regardless if you or the other person has cheated (If you didn't cheat no worries right)

That way men will not get duped into fatherhood if they are not the childs biological father and hence would have the choice to adopt said child if it is not his.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Kitty C.

Having worked on an OB floor, I can't even begin to imagine how many fathers listed in the BC were false.  If there was no cheating involved, a mother should not be worried or offended by the requirement.  'Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.'
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

flewwellin

I agree also. My DH was cheated on by his wife after she had their first kid and seriously how does he KNOW for sure that the children are his?  He doesn't but he doesn't want to get a DNA test because he has right to these kids and if it comes out neg that he isn't the father it would tear him up.  Another injustice if you ask me!   I agree that it should be a madatory procedure and I am married with a baby on the way and have no worries at all!  I know exactly who the father of my baby is ( YES my husband!)

futureuselesseater

Personally I think this is a stupid idea.  People have civil rights and no man and women in marriage should be forced by a law to have  DNA test to prove that the man is the father of his child.  bad idea IMO.

Brent

>Personally I think this is a stupid idea.  People have civil
>rights and no man and women in marriage should be forced by a
>law to have  DNA test to prove that the man is the father of
>his child.  

Lol, so you're okay with being duped into raising another man's child because your wife was out screwing around on you? Really?

Not me. And "civil rights" has nothing to do with it.

smtotwo

DH is probably raising his own brothers child, however we havent had DNA done because in our state it doesn't matter.  They were married and 3 yrs had passed before he knew she slept with his brother.
In our state you have 30 days THIRTY DAYS to dispute paternity if you're married.

DH had no idea she was sleeping around, so no reason to request DNA.
THIS SHOULD BE DONE FOR EVERY BIRTH!!
Even if he were to do the DNA now it would only hurt him and the child he feels is his even if not biologically.

Still he pays $$$ every month for a child he see's eow if she allows it.