Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation for longer than 4 days at a time

Started by Agrarian, Feb 02, 2007, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrarian

I am the non custodial parent living in CA.  The custodial parent does not want the schoolage children at my house for more than 4 days at a time. They have been here that length of time in the past so this is a new complaint.  Does the State of CA have suggested visitation times and lengths of stay?

Ref

I googled just like you probably did, to find a standard agreement with no luck. Maybe someone from CA can be of some help.

I was wondering what your current agreement says your rights are. Also, how old is your child?

Ref

Agrarian

2 children ages 9 and 14

The agreement says 1 week at spring break and one week in the summer plus other midweek nights in the summer as mutually agreed.

4honor

Retorical Question:How did you end up with that?

What kind of distance are we talking about here?  My Hubby does EOW and we are 130 miles from SS one way... through a large city...in rush hour traffic.

This is not even the standard visitation for most states... which allow every other weekend and a midweek night. And alternating holidays.

Also, a week is not defined. Is it seven days? ... is it the weekdays and not the weekends?
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

allajody

We are in CA and dh ex tried this one stating it was tooo tramatic for the kids to be away from her for so long..we live about 3 hrs apart.  We now have kids eow during the school year 1/2 of all extended vac (thanksgiving,christmas,easter...) and every other week during the summer... dh ex doesn't like it much and still tries to mess with it.  Granted it did come after 5 years a lot of documentation and one wonderful attorney later.

mistoffolees

That's a terrible agreement.

Typical for 9 to 14 year olds is probably more like every other weekend, alternating holidays, and extended time (several weeks) in the summer and one evening during the week every week.

For example:
http://www.divorceinfo.com/standardvisitation.htm

Unless distance interferes, I'd be pushing for something much closer to the above.