Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 09:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

One man's response to fight back............

Started by Kitty C., Jun 02, 2004, 10:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

http://www.decentdad.com/index.htm

Sounds like this guy is MORE than determined to see this thru, especially since all the events are within the last 6 months.  And I think he's got a very good shot of getting what he's asking for...50/50.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

DecentDad

Wow,

In late 2002 and the first half of 2003, I hosted a website called //www.decentdaddy.com

After about six months, I dropped it, and I allowed the domain to expire in late 2003.

Here's a glimpse of an archived version of it at http://web.archive.org/web/20030212031008/http://decentdaddy.com/

So... it's either really coincidental that his site is so similar, or this guy copied my idea (which is fine, if it's for a good cause) but didn't bother to mention he took the idea from another person.  I guess I should write to him.  :)

The "original" DecentDad

Peanutsdad

DD,,

I think the site looks so similar simply because its a tory we all hear 100 times a day.

StPaulieGirl

Interesting.  I appreciate the fact that this father wants to have equal access to his child, but nothing is mentioned about why the mother split like that.  She tells him she is leaving, picks up the baby and just leaves.

I have read so many summaries from dads who have gotten completely burned, but I've never seen it laid out like this.  Rather unemotional, if you ask me.  You all should go over it again.

richiejay

While I agree it is unemotional.......we are also seeing this well after the initial blow of mom leaving.  In my case, I was extremely emotional when my ex tried to take my son from me..but that got me nowhere.  When I held my emotions in check, and painstakingly went through the process..it was only then that I received results.  I don't know all the particulars of this guys story, just offering a possible explanation of a more "factual" presentation...

kitten

Mother's split with their children all the time.  They feel "entitled" and for some ignorant reason think children don't need their Daddies.  I don't feel it is unemotional at all.  Men think more praSLURPically than women, women think and act on emotion.  THAT is why so many women feel it is ok to split with the kids.  I've gone over it a few times already.  My bf is LIVING it and facing the loss of his 3 small children soon because of an emotionally needy, desperate ex.  During this process, anytime my bf has shown any kind of emotion regarding the children, he has been accused of being "unstable" and acting "erratic".  Men are forced to act unemotional.  

StPaulieGirl

In real life, I do my best to hold my emotions in.  I try and act like a grown up.  Online, I tend to spew, screech, and pull my hair out.  It's quiet right now though, thank God.

I am curious as to the particulars.  Most people will come straight out with the facts, as they see them.  I don't buy the statement that he didn't marry her, so she's out of there.  She moved in with her folks, not some other guy, which is a common reason why women leave.

It's probably not even worth speculating about.

StPaulieGirl

I was commenting on this man's unemotional writing style.  Reread your post.  That is honest emotion.  I don't mean to pick pepper out of fly sh*t, but something about his account doesn't seem right to me.

True, you cannot "act out" in public, but it's emotionally healthy to let loose in your writings.  It's no big deal to me.  It's his website, he can write as he chooses.

Read my reply to RichieJay.

kitten

>In real life, I do my best to hold my emotions in.  I try and
>act like a grown up.  Online, I tend to spew, screech, and
>pull my hair out.  It's quiet right now though, thank God.
>
I think it's great that you (all of us here) have this online discussion group to vent to, not everyone likes to do this though.  Not everyone can write emotionally.  Maybe those are the particulars as he sees it.  He seems to have been blind-sided by her leaving.

You are right, it is not worth speculating about.  The real issue is his struggle to be a father to his little girl and her own mother trying to prevent it.  I wish him and anyone else going through it my best.

kitten

Men are forced to act unemotional.

willskitten