Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My Moral Dilemma

Started by Astro, Jun 30, 2004, 04:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txblonde

Since she broke her promise to return the money, all bets are off the table.  Get full custody, get a lawyer and document.  If the tables were turned and you had custody, she would be paying you child support.  This will help you pay for the lawyer fees.  

gipsy

Here's what I have found with atty's . I fired two !! And finally figured it out ! Call A bunch [lot's] of atty's tell them the Very basics , NO bitching , There is atty's out there that will just ask you a couple pertinent questions . And give you pertinent answers , Like what the law say's about length of time the child resides with you to get a change of custody , And if the notarised agreement will hold water in court , I have had my share of troubles in life and it is my opinion that when there was an agreement . And two people don't live up to it . then thats when you ask a few atty's,, I have used two atty's  That were good, no BS types , I feel the best way is to ask them first if you have a legal chance based on what ?, And secondly if they will help prop se , If they are willing to help you pro se thats a good sign , the good atty's I have used tell me exactly what I need an atty For. I Have went prop se and won cases And know people [men] that have accomplished things pro se , What A good atty has told me is what My argument is . To the court , And I am telling you that It has always been pretty simple ,And thats what a good atty should tell you , the reason, I changed from pro se and used the atty's was simple , Although my arguments were simple the stakes are high , And I need to present the right fact's , Thats why you should then choose to hire an atty , But if a decent atty tells you , " Your argument is simple , The boy has been with You for X Time and you prove it to the court and Thats Your best shot "If its simple Like that, Then Maybe the atty  will help file it pro se . with the idea that if it gets complicated then He will take the case ,The point I am trying to get across is this , A real human will tell you the facts  Fairly quickly. And as My good atty say's Family law is not some complex , Hard to understand legal jumbo . And the judge really has a lot of room to make the decision He /she wants , And [ two Atty's] Told me In separate cases Its more important to look like the good parent and try look good to the judge When you are asking the judge to do what you want ,There is a lot of latitude in family law , the judge can decide to do what they . want, The main thing to understand is You want an atty that treats you like Some one installing some  gadget would , they are willing to give some explanation of the facts knowing that You probably won't get it any way , But you are a customer and they treat you like one .But You have to think about it , Because I fell for the big blowhard story crappola atty . Thats no good iether , You want an atty that Just tells you if you have an argument or not , And don't forget Your parenting plan May read that You have to  Go to dispute resolution or some process before bringing any of this before the judge again , And you will get there and the judge will say , Did you go to dispute resolution ? You say DUH ? no! The judge will say OK read the parenting plan , Where it say's where to go to before bringing it to the court again . Trust me I had a dipshit atty Not even do that , And a good atty say The above about the judge, And sure enough my plan said I had to apply to dispute resolution , And the dip atty would have charged me for the judge to tell me what the parenting plan say's , So first read the parenting plan about changes , Then maybe she will go to the disput process and put all this into the effect of a court order that say's what you both agreed to , then take the order to child support that say's what you agreeed to And stop the support payment . Here dispute resolution costs 75 $ Its some how connected to the court . so call the court anyway and ask them if there is some sort of mediation or dispute process you could use before returning to court . then apply they send papers to both parties , then send a report ,the order could simply read ,         no change of custody but , while child resides at dads child support to mom ceases.And the child will reside with dad for the following school year  , try it