Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lawmoe I need some advise Please

Started by T0052SC, Nov 02, 2004, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

You could be on the right thought process...

Pictures and video tape speak a thousand words, all on their own. Keep documenting and I would also keep my eyes open for her new boyfriend and if he stays at her house. Judge might find this interesting, but you will need the proof.

How old are your children?

I would also do some searches on child safety and have those documents for court, just have it there for addition resource purposes. There are many Child Safety sites on the internet.

Many list the sources and the dangers. Articles from experts in that field.

For most parents, it is a matter of just plain old fashion common sense...

"Children learn what they live"

T0052SC

My youngest has just turned three

My oldest has just turned five

My youngest I just spent the night at the hospital because she has a bad urinary track infection.  It was so bad that when I took custody of her yesterday she had puss dischage coming out of her privates.  The STBX has done nothing about probably never even noticed because the STBX will leave her in a diaper all day while the STBX drives a school buss all day long.

Will this help too?

Kitty C.

Yup, get her evaluated by a pediatric urologist.  If the infection has gone on too long or allowed to get too bad, it can easily spread and could possibly even make her sterile...problem is, you won't know until she's a lot older.

She's still in a diaper ALL day?  Did they have her on IV antibiotics at the hospital?  Have you talked to the physician in charge of her case as to what his feelings about her condition are?  All healthcare professionals are mandatory reporters (I'm in EMS and am one, also).  Personally, if I had gone on a call and seen this, I would have reported it immediately for severe medical neglect.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

T0052SC

She is still in diapers all day.  I have been trying to potty train her but it has been real difficult with the STBX constantly countering everything I do.  My daughter is real interested in the potty but when I ask her if she will sit on it or try to sit her on it she will begin to yell Mommy says I am to little still, I will when I get bigger.

I talked to the docter and he wouldn't say specificly what caused it.  He just kept saying that it is commen in females.  When the supervisor of CPS caslled me today to talk about why they feel there is no level of neglect going on she even persisted that the infection was no big deal and is commen in females.  I wish I had come to you with this problem it sounds as if some one would have taken me sereously.

Thank you, any other advise would be great.

Kitty C.

Like I said, get her in to a pediatric urologist.  Yes, urinary tract infections are common in females, BUT........it also depends on what it stems from in the first place.  I'm no doctor, but I'd venture to say that it comes from her still wearing diapers and not being changed often enough.  When you take her, explain EVERYTHING, even anything that you think would NOT be important to the issue.  People have a tendency of not giving their healthcare providers enough information.  Write as much information down and all your questions, too.  That way you won't forget and leave something out.

I don't mean to get technical or obscene here, but a bit of explanation is warranted.  Infants can get infections too, if they are not changed regularly.  But toddlers can be more susceptible because of their activity levels and interactions with other children, which is vastly different than an infant.  And since, if she 'was' potty trained, she would be wiping herself properly every time she goes, thus reducing the possibility of infections there as well.

But don't rely on me, you need to have her seen by a professional.  I'm just an armchair quarterback.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

Have there been any problems with diaper rash? I found an excellent website that I will pass on to you. It covers everything including medications and what they are used for.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/

I had a problem with constant diaper rash with our son. After I had him for a few hours it went away and never came back on my parenting time, but every time I would pick him up, he had it again. I learned that diaper rash is a form of abuse, the other parent lashing out.

I would think this might also have something to do along those lines. It might be a reacurring problem. Check with her regular doctor to see if this is something that has happened before.

Do you have a copy of the medical report where you could research what she had? I would also research the medication.

There are also some very good parenting sites out there. Your little girl IS ready for potting training. Let me know if you would like to read up on some things.

T0052SC

I would really enjoy reading up on some more.  What ever you have that you can give me would be appriciated.

Thank you

T0052SC

I have a question for you.  I just got off the phone with my attorney he was getting all upset because in the beginning of the doctors visit the doctor was asking me question like:
do you have suspicions of sexual asault
do you have concerns on care

I told the doctor that I didn't know about the sexual asault but did have concerns on neglect.

My attorney started to blow up at me that I shouldn't of said this because if it is in the doctors notes that the STBX attorney will use this to make me look vandictive and cloud the facts.  He said that if the doctor felt there was a possibility they would just report it but I shouldn't have said anything.

I am getting lost on what am supose to be doing HELP?

MYSONSDAD

If the doctor suspects something on his own, he should just report it.

The Medline link I proved includes searches you can do. I also posted on another post, abuse and neglect by State. Look under Environmental concerns post...

T0052SC

When you say "if the doctor suspects something on his own" do you meen without any input from a parent or care giver.

I am just wandering was I realy wrong for stating to the doctor that I had these concerns.  My attorney keeps saying I have jepordized my case if this is in the doctor's notes and the STBX attorney gets to it.

Thank you