Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lawmoe I need some advise Please

Started by T0052SC, Nov 02, 2004, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

TOO52SC you said - [em]When you say "if the doctor suspects something on his own" do you meen without any input from a parent or care giver.[/em]

By law a doctor who suspects child abuse must report it.  If a doctor does not report the child abuse he/she can go to jail.

TOO52SC you said - [em]".....was I realy wrong for stating to the doctor that I had these concerns."[/em]

I do NOT know all the nuances of your case, but if you spoke to the doctor it in a polite manner and were short and to the point, probability not.  With everything going on this little slip will probability not make a difference.

You also said - [em]"My attorney started to blow up at me that I shouldn't of said this"[/em]

Perhaps your lawyer feels you're venting too much in public and is trying to pull in the reigns.  Be Grateful he is so emotional about your case, I interpret his "blowing up" that he cares about your well fair.

One, of many problems I faced was my lawyer had so many cases going on, I feel he did not take the time to really understand my set of circumstances.  Therefore he was NOT able to fight very hard for me.

T0052SC

When I said "if the doctor suspects something on his own" I did meen with out any information from parent or a care giver.

When I made the coment to the doctor I was very polite and short just stating that I did have concerns of neglect.  I didn't go into detail just that I had a concern of neglect.

I think you are right about my attorney feeling that I may be venting.  I felt at the time if I didn't say anything and the doctor suspected something than I would be through under the bus also.  I was thinking if the doctor is asking these questions it must be to gather information on if there is a possibility of neglect or abuse and if I was to play dumb than that would possibly make me a suspect too.

I don't think the attorney is getting to emotional about me I think he is getting emotional about the kids.  When we had are heated conversation he kept saying he is going to look out for the best interest of the kids, which is what I want.  The only thing that I see wrong is he is just as quick to accuse me as he is to accuse the STBX.

MYSONSDAD

I am not an attorney or a doctor, but I am a parent. If I had concerns, who better to mention them to then the childs doctor.

Did he ask or did you give the information on your own? If he asked, it is a clear indication he already had suspicions.

I would also be concerned about this neglect being twisted on to you. Covering your butt is not a crime...