Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ocean

Pages: 12 3 ... 272
Custody Issues / Re: Custody
« on: Dec 20, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »
Great! Did mom's time change? You have primary is good for school, appointments but will it change mom's behavior?

Custody Issues / Re: Custody
« on: Dec 19, 2017, 05:51:39 PM »
Wow....what exactly does that mean? Visitation changing??  9 week wait for ruling in just crazy as usual....

Child Support Issues / Re: child support issue
« on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:08:50 PM »
Can you take the new custody order and drop it off at your child support office? Here there are a few offices around the state you can walk in and talk to someone. Or send that new order , overnight with signature to the child support office and request the stop garnishment immediately. I am surprised the judge did not order the stop at the last court hearing or at least tell ex to give you back money. Usually they go back to the date of filing. So whatever date you went and filed, it would be back dated to then. She will then owe you that money if she cashed the checks. You could also request by certified mail to your ex to reimburse you when she receives checks as you have child now (may work). Or wait for that next hearing and get the stop order and bring to child office. You can also call their office and ask if they got the last set of paperwork and ask/demand you talk to a supervisor to stop if faster as you have child NOW.
As for mom paying, you would have to file for that, if you file now they usually connect cases together and both may be heard same day. Also before you go to court, have child support office send you a complete account of payments (or print off online account-some states you have access to your account) so you can show judge you have been paying and ex has been getting money. Judge may feel for you and give you credit but don't hold your breathe.

The EOB's have over $20,000 of our of pocket expenses in them (seems high for copays)? Do the kids have secondary insurance? Is their insurance state/fed program?

Go see a local lawyer for a free consultation about this. If you have it in your order then you "may" be held responsible. Our ex did this to us for about 8 years worth and judge had her show us proof she paid the bills, (cancelled check or receipt) and then we counter-filed a modification that added time limits. Ex now has 30 days to send us info or the bill will not be split. Some orders have the first $XX "free" so the splitting of a $20 goes away.

If she brings it to court, she will have to explain and produce certified receipts of sending you requests for payment. Really depends on judge and the feelings.....stay calm, and say she never told me about these bills, have not shown proof she paid them, and they are 12 years old. I will be happy to start paying my share from this year forward. Hiring a lawyer may cost you more than her bill.

We made ex send

Visitation Issues / Re: Domestic situation...
« on: Nov 07, 2017, 02:20:00 AM »
Mom should go with GF after she goes to police and each file an emergency protective order for the kids (and themselves?). The police may do it for the GF since he hurt her but your SD can file since kids were there at that incident. Do it as an emergency order so she gets it immediately and he is served that day. Since there is no custody order, she does not have to send children. Have the school on look out that he does not pick them up from school. Maybe put the kids in counseling to deal with this and set up a plan for the kids to see each other so they do not think what dad said was true. What state are you in? If your SD can not afford a lawyer she can see legal aid in family court to help her.

Custody Issues / Re: Time in Ruling
« on: Nov 06, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Can be few weeks. You can call the clerk office each day and see if you can pick up the ruling so you do not have to wait for the mail. Some states have it computerized (not my state so we go pick it up) and can see when a ruling is made by logging into online account. Let us know the outcome....Sometimes lawyers see the judge and they tell them their ruling ahead of typing it, we found out once that way and our lawyer called us.

Father's Issues / Re: Unmarried and about to pop
« on: Nov 05, 2017, 10:11:34 AM »
Do you have health insurance? If you do, you can add baby at birth and it will be covered or she can get baby medicaid at birth.
The ask who the father is and sometimes some states will go after father, especially if a child support case starts up.

« on: Oct 24, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
There is no one here giving free lawyer advice anymore.

Here is my non lawyer advice:
1. Under the fed program, you "can" keep your child on your insurance to age 26 no matter the circumstance. Do you have to? No....
2. Since this is happening now....go to the social worker in the hospital and have them help your son go on any programs the hospital, your state, and fed programs he can go on since he is an adult living on his own. Both parents as far as I understand it are not responsible. Many times hospitals will reduce rates/copay for situations. Worst case is he gets himself better and file bankruptcy due to medical bills and starts with a clean slate.\
Good luck!

Custody Issues / Re: Filing for full custody on Friday
« on: Sep 26, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
You can ask for temp custody first and have amended petition ready to go and file same day. Reason: father has great concern that when mother receives petition she will take child from current school after not seeing child for xx months. On a temp order , you see judge same day to get judge to sign it. Then take that paperwork to school so they will not release child.

Another option is file it, then if she shows any contact go get an emergency restraining order that child will not be removed from current school district and can file the emergency custody order due to mother's recent actions.

Tell lawyer your concerns and see if a temp order might be a better choice and then deal with the final order once she is served.

Custody Issues / Re: Chances at obtaining Full Custody in VA
« on: Sep 08, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Yes, you can do it that way too. You would go to the court house you went to from last order and ask to fill out a custody modification order and the reason is mother has not see child since xx and father wishes to full custody for education and medical issues. It will take a few months to straighten this out , you will need an address to mother to have her served the paperwork (or work address?). Then if you want to switch schools after a vacation or next school year you could. If this is public school , there should be no fee to changes schools as you gained custody and enrolling child in your school zone. This way child can be bused to your house as I am guessing you are now driving child.

What does your last order state about custody? It sounds like you had more time and may already have custody is those papers. Look and see if it says joint legal, or joint physical. It you had 4 nights a week , you may have it so check!

Pages: 12 3 ... 272
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.